Monday, August 22, 2016

1975 Topps blank backs

Even though I still have a ton of COMC stuff to get to, I wanted to do quick post on some '75 blank backs that have been languishing in a forgotten folder.

The ten cards shown come from a lot I won on eBay not too long after Christmas. They were then scanned, inventoried, put in a binder, and apparently erased from my memory banks...until I came across the folder while cleaning out some files a few days ago.


I don't really know how I could have even forgotten getting these, as this is the type of lot I had bid on many times and subsequently lost out on many times. I do at least remember being pretty excited not only to finally win one, but to win one cheap (under $10).

Lots like this usually go for much more then I paid, thanks to the people who have eBay stores winning them by bidding crazy amounts of money, only to then split up the lot and attach ridiculously high prices on the individual cards.

Any time I see, or get a couple of blank backs from the same set, especially say anything pre-1980, my inner set collector begins to wonder just how many cards from said set that it will be possible for me to find/acquire.

This lot definitely had some name power attached to it as well, I'm particularly fond of the Billy Williams from this set. It's funny too, that with the acquisition of these, I  have more '75 Topps cards in blank back form than I do the regular cards. Although I'm not collecting the '75 set (yet?), so that's probably why.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

4 comments:

  1. Huh, I didn't know that there were blank back versions of this set. Ya learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most sets before 1995ish ended up with blank backs.

      Delete
  2. Goodluck piecing the set together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thanks:) I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't end up getting to far with that endeavor.

      Delete