Monday, May 21, 2018

Tradin' with Twitch

Back in March, Twitch (Twitch Collects Cards), showed off a few of his most recent sketch cards on Twitter (@TwitchWasHere), and even though they hadn't been colored yet... one in particular really caught my eye.

A week or two later (?), the now finished sketches were shown on his blog. Seeing the one that I had fancied so with color, only strengthened my resolve to try and get it. Twitch mentioned that they could be had via purchase or trade, I spent the next couple of days trying to figure out what I could come with to trade, turns out... I didn't have to put too much thought into it, because in his very next post, Twitch mentioned that he was looking for buybacks, and I just so happened to have a few (33 to be exact) duplicates that didn't fit into my frankenset.

So an agreement was reached, and less than week later, my much desired card arrived in the mail (as well as a few extras, more on that below):

For those who might not know, that's Raven from the Teen Titans. I'm not biggest Titans fan in the world, but I am pretty fond of all things Raven and Starfire.

And as if getting this wicked cool sketch card wasn't enough, Twitch also (unbeknownst to me) decided to throw in a whole mess of minis:

As usual, I feel need to point out that my scanner does not like A&G, but there was just too many to try and go the camera route.

Some pretty decent names in here too.

I was able to add to bunch of sets with these, as they spanned from 2009-15.

I even got to add some cards to my black bordered frankenset. Out of all the minis, the X-Rays is most definitely my favorite.

It's amazing to think about how much help that I've been able to get from my fellow bloggers just in the short time since I decided to start working on the A&G minis, as well as the 2011 Kimball Champions set. I really can't express it in words how much I truly appreciate it.

Twitch, thank you not only for being agreeable to the trade (because I absolutely love that sketch card), but also for the overly generous helping of minis that were included in the package. I haven't been to a card show since our trade, but rest assured, the next time I do go to one, I will definitely be searching for items of interest to you as I attempt to repay your act of kindness.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

8 comments:

  1. Impressive Raven sketch. I like me some teen titans on and off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Twitch did a really great job on this one.

      Delete
  2. Nice sketch card! Glad you were able to work out a trade for it. My daughter is getting into Teen Titans.

    The A & G minis are a nice bonus. I'm always puzzled by most of the non-sports (or lesser-known sports) subjects; I feel like I should know who they are but I rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's certainly worse things that she could be getting into!

      I don't think that most people are supposed to know who the outside the box sports stars are, that's kind of the point with A&G, you know... to be different, zany, etc.

      Delete
  3. I have a pretty solid titans collection from dc presents 26 through 1988 or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What????? I had no idea you were into comics! Why is this the first I'm hearing of it?

      Delete
  4. Kimball Champions are my favorite minis since returning to the hobby in 2012. nice surprise from Twitch! and while I don't collect sketch cards and know absolutely zero about the character, i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kimball Champions were a really great set, they certainly looked a lot different than anything else, which is always a plus.

      Delete