Tuesday, May 10, 2016

1983 Kellogg's blank backs

I haven't shown any blank backs here for awhile, mostly because I haven't gotten any for awhile. So I thought I would remedy that by showing a pair of recent acquisitions:



Both of these came from the same seller on eBay, and came with free shipping. Rod Carew was only 45 cents and Rickey, not surprisingly, was a little steeper at $1.81

I hadn't seen any blanks from this set before, so getting any two for a little over $2 is a pretty good bargain in my mind.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know there were any blank backed Kellogg's. Was this a printing error?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Kellogg's, like everyone else, wasn't immune from printing errors. I have nine from the '73 Kellogg's set as well.

      Delete
  2. I think I gave a Yaz blank back from this set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a pretty neat card to have, and obviously it fits in nice with your collection. From what I've seen the blank backs are a little more common with the '83 set, than they are with any of the earlier sets.

      Delete
  3. Rickey is getting some serious exposure today. This is the third card of his I've seen in a blog post today. Love me some Kellogg's oddballs. The fact that it's blank backed makes it that much cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen the other Rickey posts. I'm guessing Rickey wouldn't mind all the attention.

      Delete