Monday, November 12, 2018

The Secret Santa field is set


The 2018 Secret Santa is officially closed to anymore new entrants. The good news is, we ended up with 30 people, which is far more than I thought we'd get. The bad news is, well, there is no bad news, so...

There are a couple of things that I wanted to mention real quick, so hopefully some of our participants will actually click on this post.

First off, thank you to everyone who helped promote this year's Secret Santa, I truly believe that was the real difference maker, especially when multiple people mentioned that they found out about it from other people's posts.

I would also like to thank the couple of non-blogging members of the TCDB for signing up, I was hoping that a few of you would join, and hopefully your participation will lead to more members of the site getting on board with future Secret Santa's (no matter who's hosting).

Also, a special thank you is in order for Peter, who offered to take two names if we ended up with an odd number of participants. Thankfully I didn't have to take him up on his offer, but it was still very generous of him to put that out there.

I will randomize all of the names sometime in the next couple of hours, and then start sending out emails. I've never sent out 29 emails before, but I would imagine that it's going to take a little bit of time, so I'll probably do half today, and get the other half done tomorrow (Tuesday).


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks again for taking on the responsibility of hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a really a big deal, if I didn't do it, Chris (The Collector) would have.

      Delete
  2. Appreciate all those involved this year. Looking forward to who I'll be surprising this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to seeing who I will be sending to as well, for me that's the truly fun part.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Well, like I said to Matt up above, it was going to happen one way or another.

      Delete
  4. 30!!!! You did awesome putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite as many people as last year, but still a respectable amount.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for hosting the gift exchange. I didn't participate this year but will enjoy the posts. It's always fun to see what Santa brought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I can say that I tried to get you to join.

      Delete
  6. Awesome - I look forward to loading up the sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. It was, and we even got some new blood in it this year.

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! Thanks for taking control of this year's Secret Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you also about to lose control... and like it?

      Delete
  9. Looking forward to spreading some holiday cheer

    ReplyDelete