Friday, January 17, 2020

2019 Secret Santa wrap-up


Seeing as how were already halfway through the month of January, and February will be here before I/we know it, I'm gonna go ahead and officially put a bow on 2019's edition of the Secret Santa.

We bested last year's total of 30, by drawing 32 participants this year, many of whom were new to our little gift exchange. Thanks to Dan's (Vroomed) efforts, we also had a number of people join from the TCDB, so many thanks go out to Dan for his help in luring unsuspecting victims increasing the number of merry makers. And of course a heartfelt thank you goes out to everyone who decided to join in on the fun, hopefully it was just that for all who were involved.

We did have a few hiccups this year, and there's still one unresolved problem (that I know of), but I'm hoping that this wrap-up will help expedite it's resolution. Other than that, things went pretty much according to plan, which is a good thing, as there should never be any problems with something that has "Santa" in the title.

As per usual, I've compiled a list of who gave to who, with all of the blog recaps being highlighted. I think that I have all of the recaps here, but if I've somehow missed one, please let me know and I will update the list. And if any more recaps are posted after today, I will go back and amend the list accordingly. So without further ado, here's the list...

Chris (The Collector) from Kirk (CaptKirk42s Trading Cards Blog)
Paul (Scribbled Ink) from Jim (cards as i see them)
Jared (CMMDTO) from Me (the blog that you're currently reading)
Henry (Cardboard Greats) from Nate (The Bucs Stop Here)
Nate (The Bucs Stop Here) from Jim (budler on the TCDB)
Adam (ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession) from Kari (karsal on the TCDB)
Greg (The Collective Mind) from Billy (Cardboard History)
AJ (The Lost Collector) from Kerry (Cards on Cards)
Kameo (Twitch Collects Cards) from Bryan (Collecting Cutch)
Mike (Not Another Baseball Card Blog) from Adam (ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession)
Billy (Cardboard History) from Kevin (KMack on the TCDB)
Roy (Nothing If Not Random) from Jared (CMMDTO)
Me (the blog that you're still reading) from Matt (Diamond Jesters)
Bryan (Collecting Cutch) from Rod (Padrographs)
Kerry (Cards on Cards) from Henry (Cardboard Greats)
Tim (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning via Twitter) from Trevor (Bump and Run Football Card Blog)
Trevor (Bump and Run Football Card Blog) from Andy (Stadium Fantasium)
Matt (Diamond Jesters) from Teresa (terrbear5951 on the TCDB)
Rod (Padrographs) from AJ (The Lost Collector)
Andy (Stadium Fantasium) from Dan (Vrooomed on the TCDB)
Kevin (Kmack on the TCDB) from Kameo (Twitch Collects cards)
Kari (Karsal on the TCDB) from Greg (The Collective Mind)
Chris (Ntlwhlr on the TCDB) from Mike (Not Another Baseball Card Blog)
Jeff (Xanadude on the TCDB) from Chris (Ntlwhlr on the TCDB)
Tyler (Rekindling The Cardboard Flame) from Jeff (Xanadude on the TCDB)
Joshua (Sportzcommish on the TCDB) from Tyler (Rekindling The Cardboard Flame)
Kirk (CaptKirk42s Trading Cards Blog) from Joshua (Sportzcommish on the TCDB)
John (John's Big League Baseball Blog) from Chris (The Collector)
Jim (cards as i see them) from John (John's Big League Baseball Blog)
Teresa (terrbear5951 on the TCDB) from Paul (Scribbled Ink)
Dan (Vrooomed on the TCDB) from Roy (Nothing If Not Random)
Jim (budler on the TCDB) from Tim (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)

Phew, that was quite a list to type out... but thanks again to everyone who made said list possible!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

12 comments:

  1. Again thanks for doing this. This is a lot of work and is greatly appreciated. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this! Always a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon thanks again for continuing this Holiday Cardness. I've been dilly dallying and lazying about. I am hoping that my late January post will be my Secret Santa recap. EEK not much January left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a lot of fun. Thanks again for getting this together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa-in-Chief, you stepped in again. Great job, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I wasn't able to do a recap post. I did send a message to my Secret Santa thanking him for the gift and my giftee send me as a message as well. At least on my end it was a rousing success. Thanks again Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jon for all the great work you did on this. I went ahead and posted a link to this recap on TCDB's forum thread "Blogger Secret Santa (4.0)".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Jon! I had a lot of fun reading the Secret Santa recaps on everyone's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again for hosting! Lots of new names this year. I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed their gift (I certainly did)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for running the contest. I had a blast both putting together a package and receiving mine in the mail. I'll definitely be back come December.

    ReplyDelete