Friday, March 27, 2020

Free Stuff Friday #3

I don't know about everyone else, but I could sure use a pick-me-up right about now. I can't tell which is worse as of late, the actual virus that's going around, or all of the bulljive that's being spewed forth by the media/politicians (both sides)? Actually I do know which is worse, and it's too bad we can't strike up some sort of deal with the virus itself, you know like "You can take all of our politicians and national media member's, but then you've got to go away... and not come back!". I'm guessing that most of you would be on board with such an agreement as well, and those who aren't, probably will be soon.

Anyways, it's been a little longer than planned since my last Free Stuff Friday, but to make it up to you I've got an assortment of mostly vintage stuff again, mostly baseball, but there's a bit of football, basketball, hockey, non-sport, and even two non-trading card things.

I don't think I have as much to offer this week as I've had in previous installment's, so maybe try to use a little bit of discretion when claiming this time (I don't have any sort of arbitrary number in mind, just try not to go too crazy) after all it would be nice if more than two people were able to get things. That being said, if there's a bunch of stuff still here by say Sunday night, and you've already claimed a few things but still want more, then feel free to come back and claim whatever's left. And as per usual, I'm not looking for anything in return, all I ask is that please make sure that the stuff your claiming is for your collection, and not your box of trade fodder.

And with all that's been going on, if there's anyone out there who isn't too keen on receiving mail right now, just let me know, and I'll be more than happy to hold your claims until you are.

Oh, sorry, one more thing. Be sure to check out Brian's weekly offerings, he's really taken the ball and ran with it! Rod has been giving away some stuff lately as well, so it would probably be in your best interest to go see what's what. And then there's Julie, and her Pick Pockets, which isn't limited to just Friday's, but is putting everyone else to shame with her amazing generosity.

Ok, I think that's everything, so without further ado...

With just a creased corner, Jim is the best of this bunch condition wise, everybody else has a crease through them, and Roy also has some paper stuck to his back.

Please note that since this will probably be the only time I ever have any 1960 Leaf to give away, I'm gonna limit these to one per person (you can still claim other stuff with one of these as well though), at least until Sunday night, if there's any left by then, feel free to come back and get the rest. Update: These have all been claimed.

All of these have problems, Ray is the worst though, as he's got a crease going through him. Update: Ray has been claimed.

All kinds of problems with these two!

If memory serves, these are all crease-free. Update: The N.L. Leaders has been claimed.

I don't think there were any creases here either. Update: All three of these have been claimed.

Ron's got a major indent thing going on his first name, and Tom's creasing is even worse than it looks in the scan. Update: Both of these have been claimed.

 Vintage OPC! Both with problems. Update: Both of these have been claimed.

Billy is cracked, Franco is a bit brown (bread staining?), and Al's got a creased corner. Update: All three of these have been claimed.

Now I'm taking a page out of Brian's book, although I have much less hockey to offer than he does. The '73-74 has some staining (water?) at the bottom, but no problems with the Esso sticker. Update: The trophy has been claimed.

This '66 Black Bat has some obvious issues, and the back is as bad as the front. Update: This has been claimed.

Here's something you don't see every day, 1978 Sunbeam Taystee bread DC stickers. These are both browned and ripply, they must've been come from a particularly oily loaf. Update: These have been claimed.

 Two WWI era postcards...

Both are unused, but they both do have a crease running through the middle, and the Underwood & Underwood (top card) has a bit of staining on one side.

And now we get to a couple of newer things, namely some inserts...

... from the 2012 Cooperstown set. Update: These have been claimed.

That'll do it for this round, feel free to start registering those claims!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

42 comments:

  1. No claims for me this time, just wanted to let you know I got the PWE you sent and will be posting an official 'thank you' soon. But... thank you! :)

    There are definitely some politicians and media outlets who never fail to disappoint us, but I have to say that most of them have exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations in handling this crisis. We'll see how long that lasts though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know.

      I dislike pretty much all politicians in general, and have nothing good to say about our corporate media outlets, so maybe it's just a me thing, but I tend to be disappointed with just about everything they do and say.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to claim Brooks Lawrence (he's from my dad's hometown in Ohio), and Al Smith - Thanks for posting those sweet Leafs! Leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like the Cey and the Batman card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I claim the Billy Kilmer, Franco Harris and the six announcer cards from the Cooperstown set please and thank you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may! I don't know if I have your address or not, so please send me an email: j t e f 8 2 at g mail dot com

      Delete
  5. The Stanley Cup and Ernie Harwell. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'LL LAY CLAIM ON THE 60 LEAF bRAVES sPANGLER, AND THE 78' DC STICKERS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. A few people seem to be digging it, so I guess that some of it isn't quite as bad as I thought it was.

      Delete
  8. OOOH, those Phillies are awesome. May I please lay claim to the OPC Frank Thomes (my first 60's OPC Phillie) and the 60 Leaf Jim Owens (will be my first from that set too!). Wow SO cool! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a Phillies guy? If you are, and had I known, I would've asked you about these sooner, but I guess it worked out either way!

      Delete
    2. Hi Jon, Yes. I grew up 7 miles outside of Philadelphia (in NJ), about 8 miles from the stadiums. I was born slightly before Vet Stadium was opened. :) October 1980 is still one of my favorite memories! According to my collection at TCDB, I have almost 8,500 different Phillies cards. And thatnks to you, Brian, and Julie, I'm doing card giveaways on TCDB. Since I claimed 3 cards yesterday, I offered 3 up there yesterday (with a bonus 4th). This is good stuff!

      Delete
    3. Oh, I missed that Richie Ashburn my first pass through last night. (No uniform on!) If no one else lays claim to it.. Thanks!

      Delete
    4. That's a lot of Phillies! I didn't know about your giveaways, otherwise I would've mentioned it, but will be sure to do so next time... very cool of you to get on board with the Free Stuff Friday's!

      And Richie is all yours!

      Delete
    5. REally no need to mention it - I'm not doing it only on Fridays, and sometimes even missing Fridays. They are simply random on TCDB. Which leads me to my next question - if you have stuff unclaimed , consider adding to my stack - I'll be sure to pass them along to the TCDB crowd as I know not all of them do the blog stuff. I could PIF your PIFs. :) Thanks a bunch Jon! (And send whenever you want.)

      Delete
    6. I can, and will, do that, especially since there's always a couple of unclaimed items that I don't know what to do with.

      Delete
  9. I'll take Romo, Face and both Seavers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If no one else wants them I would take the postcards too - thanks!

      Delete
    2. I thought that there might be some interest in them, but apparently I was wrong... so you I guess they're all yours!

      Delete
  10. The 1973 Topps would look awesome in my set. Thanks for everything you do, great reads, great offers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then let's make it happen! Please send me an email with your address:
      j t e f 8 2 at g mail dot com

      Delete
  11. Wow. Some really cool stuff. Rod lucked out snagging The Bat Signal card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given it's condition, I honestly didn't know if anyone would want it or not.

      Delete
    2. When it comes to vintage... condition isn't as big of a concern (at least to me). Cards that are well loved are cards with character.

      Delete
    3. Condition doesn't seem to be much of an issue when the vintage is free too :)

      Delete
  12. I can give poor Ray Washburn a home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could I have the Joe DiMaggio? Thanks.

    You put out a lot of great cards, though I'm rather late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! And I'll even see if I can find something else to keep him company :)

      Delete
  14. I would take the Ron Hansen 1965 if still available. Thanks for running this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Please email me your address: j t e f 8 2 at g mail dot com

      Delete
  15. I'm also late to the party here, but if the Mario Lemieux Esso sticker is still available, I'll take that one. (What in the world is an Esso sticker? Like Esso, the gasoline?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still available, or at least it was until you claimed it :)

      And yes, Esso, like the gasoline.

      Delete
  16. not sure how I always manage to miss these. I was on the blogs Friday night and never saw this post in my feed. What a nice batch of goodies you shared. Hope you are doing well, Mr. Pennysleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must've been paying too much attention to Johnny's BFG!

      Delete