Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Coming next Tuesday...

Do you like free cards? If so, you might want to be here next week for the first of what'll probably end up being 3 or 4 free stuff posts.

Some may remember my "Free Stuff Friday" posts from a few years ago (has it really been that long already?). They went over pretty well, and certainly helped me get rid of some unwanted stuff at the time. I find myself having quite a bit of unwanted cards again, so it seems like a good time to bring those back. 

I remember a couple of people saying way back when that Friday's weren't very good for them, so I'm gonna see how Tuesday's work instead. And because I've since learned that some people use certain feeds for blog reading that can sometimes take up to 24 hours to show the newest posts, and therefor might end up being terribly late for such a series of posts, I'm just gonna say in advance that the posts will be going live at roughly 8pm CST. Hopefully that'll make things a little easier for some of you.

In the past I've really only asked that you only claim cards for your collection, and not your trade pile, which I would still prefer (obviously I'm relying on the honor system with this); but this time I'd also like to ask that despite some of you probably wanting to, that you please don't send any cards in return. If you feel the need to reciprocate, just pay it forward by sending some cards to someone else. I'm sure that they'll appreciate them a lot more than I would right now.

And as has always been the case, everyone's free to play along, it don't matter where you live. Although, if you're outside the U.S., and claim enough to warrant a bubble mailer, you're cards will be sent via a couple of PWE's; it's just too expensive for me to send bubble mailers out of the country these days (it's almost getting too expensive to send them in-country as well).

I guess that just about covers everything. I can't say that the cards in these posts will be any better than those from years past, but there should still be a few decent things sprinkled about. So for those who may be interested, I'll see you next Tuesday...

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for your generosity!

    Bubble mailers are really getting crazy. I just opened one from someone on TCDB who sent me 80 cards in a bubble mailer, from one state over. $9.85! I would have done 5-6 PWEs and no shame in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun! Looking forward to it, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, appreciate anything I may receive. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be fun...thank you for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to playing along again. Thanks for giving this opportunity to those of us that like to read things about the hobby we enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll check in for the chaos, hopefully your unwanted cards will find good homes (and hopefully your wallet wont take too much of a hit with shipping fees!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only spent about $10 on myself (two books and a card) since the beginning of March, so I'm reasonably prepared for those shipping fees.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the timing warning since I'm one of those feed reader people who only sees things like this 24 hours too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're one of the folks that I did that for.

      Delete
  8. Hmmm. I DO like free cards. Thanks for the heads up, should be a madhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's because I'm not posting as much these days, or if people are just tired of my schtick, but either way, there's a number of people who aren't coming around here anymore; so it might not be as crazy as you think.

      Delete
    2. Nothing like a giveaway to get them out of the woodwork. I do think however that between Twitter turning to crap, the blogosphere being left to wither, and Fanantics/Topps/MLB doing everything in their power to discourage fans that a lot of people are just unplugging.

      Delete
  9. It's always fun to read these giveaway posts and see who claims what. Thanks in advance for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete