Thursday, December 14, 2017

Mission accomplished

For anyone who may have missed it, I am very happy to report that just a couple hours after last night's post, Sportlots finally decided to take some action by removing all of hock2015's listings. I don't know if anything can be done for the people who have already bought from this "dealer", but at least quite a few others will not be getting taken.

Before I go any further I wanted to give thanks to Michael Reese, who also took the time to contact Sportlots about this matter. Michael was also kind enough to share this reply that he received:

"Yes, all auctions from this seller has been pulled and put on hold until we can confirm one way or another if these are legit cards. It’s not possible for me to accuse them as such based on images, but agree that these are very suspicious. I will get to the bottom of this and they won’t be listing anymore until we can confirm.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention."

I know some of you might be getting a little tired of reading about this, and honestly, I was getting a little tired of talking about it, but I do believe these posts served their purpose... which was simply to get a few people on board who were interested in trying to prevent some of our fellow collectors from being the victim of fraud, and you know something? That is exactly what we did!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

12 comments:

  1. That's great news. Your diligence paid off and saved dozens of collectors from getting scammed. Excellent work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best news that I've heard in what seems like quite awhile. I have a feeling that this might only be a temporary reprieve though, as their is no way that this seller won't be popping up somewhere else and continuing with their shady ways.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice that the group effort was able to succeed.

      Delete
  3. Great work. And I don't think anyone will get tired of reading about this. No one wants to be duped, and we really don't want people profiting by passing off reprints as genuine, because that just invites even more people to attempt the same thing, then pretty soon you can't trust a vintage card anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it's getting to the point where you almost can trust any kind of vintage collectible, what with all the reproductions out there. Now if there was just a way to clean up eBay...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is really great to know that a small group of people are still capable of bringing forth change.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, everyone who got involved should feel very proud of what we were able to accomplish.

      Delete
  6. Great work! Persistence pays off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't always work, but thankfully this time seems to have done the trick.

      Delete