Friday, June 21, 2019

COMC Shuffle #15

Another week, another ten randomly selected cards from last year's COMC hoard!

1933 Goudey #38
Fred spent parts of eight seasons with the Pirates and Phillies. The year this card was issued would be his last in the bigs, playing in just 8 games with Philadelphia (hitting .308) before being sent to the minor leagues. He finished his career with a .281 BA, 407 hits, 131 RBIs, and 6 HRs.

2012 Panini Black Friday Kings Progressions - Cyan #1
Still looking for the black to complete this particular Progressions rainbow.

1999-00 Topps Stadium Club Onyx Extreme Die-Cut #OE7
Every time I think that there can't possibly be any more basketball inserts or parallels from the 90's that I'm not familiar with, another one that I'm not familiar with seems to pop up -- case in point, I knew of the Onyx Extremes, but until I saw this Jason Kidd, I had no idea that there was a parallel version as well.

2014-15 Panini Prizm Blue Wave Prizms #28
A couple of years ago the blue waves seemed to carry a bit of premium when it came to the 2014 Prizm parallels, but I must've missed the memo about them no longer being a hot commodity, because the prices on them have gone down considerably, and I have no idea why?

2014-15 Panini Prizm Purple Die-Cut Prizms #250
I'm not big fan of the 2014 Prizm die-cuts (orange or purple), but Austin was only $0.40, and I felt like I couldn't pass him up at that price -- in retrospect, I probably could've lived without this card.

2016 Panini Certified Mirror Blue #98
This was another card for my half-assed J-Stew rainbow. Even if I never complete it (which I won't), at least this is still a really good looking card, and the blues are numbered to /50, so that's something as well, right?

1973 Topps You'll Die Laughing #98
There are almost never any cheap copies from this set on COMC, and on the rare occasion that there is, it's usually beat to sh*t. I'd still like to finish my set someday, and it had been forever since I had added a card to it, so even with the one punky corner, I still went ahead and got this one on sale for $0.78, which may or may not have been a reasonable price (I'm a bit out of touch with the You'll Die Laughing prices).

2011 Topps Update Series Platinum Diamond Anniversary #US309.2
Apparently Jimmie's parents never told him not to look up during a diamond storm.

2013-14 Panini Prizm Red, White, & Blue Mosaic Prizms #231
Nothing says America like a nine-month long farewell tour, right Kareem?

1998 Pacific Paramount Pro Bowl Die-Cuts #18
As far as 90's inserts go, they don't come too much better than this! I mean I dare you to try and name another insert that features a traditional outrigger as part of the cards design, seriously, go ahead and try, I'll be here waiting!

I think that this was the first week so far that one of these posts didn't feature multiples of any particular card, feels kind of weird to do one of these with nothing but singles in it!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. For some reason this doesn't surprise me :)

      Delete
  2. Nice Dilfer! The 90's were the greatest decade when it came to inserts and ingenuity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cool cards. My favorite is the Jim Brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably my favorite from this post as well.

      Delete
  4. Foxxy! He's in my PCs. Spitting image of my grandpa. I love any and all cards in this set.

    ReplyDelete