Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Card show dump

My recent struggle's with trying to come up with a creative way to show off the contents from February's card show are still very much alive and well. So instead of wasting any more time on an effort that ultimately won't end up working out the way I want it to, I am just going to dump the remaining scans.

Today's dump will be made up of the remaining baseball and football, which is just a bunch of cards that didn't fit into this post, or this post. There's enough basketball left to warrant it's own post, so that'll be happening sometime in the very near future as well, but until then...

First up is a pair of shiny pitcher's who did in fact Own The Game!

I don't know how anyone else would feel about it, but I'd like to see Jeff Blake in a modern set.

The Big Hurt is trippin' balls, yo!
 
Jerry can't wait until he turn's 18... then he can finally get a real motorcycle!

I don't see Adrian Beltre cards here very much, so if I find one that's cheap and shiny, I tend to buy it!

Running backs just don't intimidate defenders by coming apart at the seams like they used to!

This is the first Panini made Pinnacle card that I've ever bought, and not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think it's a pretty good one. I believe that this card is part of some sort of tiered insert set, no ideas on the odds, but COMC only has "single's" and "double's" of Bo for sale, and I can't seem to find a Bo "Triple" for sale anywhere, so it must be a little bit on the rare side, which makes the fifteen cent price tag that much better!

Absolute is one of those brands that I never know what's a parallel and what isn't, so, when buying them at card shows I usually just look for interesting color combinations, and then try to figure out what's what once I get home. Turned out that Aaron here was just a base card, but's that's okay, I don't have very many cards (maybe two?) of his, and I really do like the colors on this one, which are much more yellowy in person.

More shiny! This Vlad must be a fairly common insert, because in the last year or so, I've found (and bought) four of them. Now if I find one more I'm gonna be awfully tempted to try and complete a page of them, okay that's a lie, because even with just four I'm already wanting to complete a page!

I love finding Tek football at shows! I didn't have any Roger Craig's yet, so this one was a neat get, although without looking it up I couldn't tell you which pattern this was... circuit board?

I'm sure that Omar Vizquel has more inserts than I know, but to me he's one of those guys that I don't think of as having very many, so I'm always bit surprised when I come across one. Also, even though I'm not trying to complete it and won't ever be making a list for it, I'm pretty sure that I've got at least half of this Hands of Gold set now. I think that it too is a fairly common insert set, so having more than half of it probably isn't a big deal, but it seemed like it was still worth mentioning.

Thrice the shine! Cards like these are no-brainer's when they're found in bargain boxes. The Natrone Pacific Prism is the prize amongst these three, and would probably make it on to the top five cards that I got from this show list, provided there was such a list of course. It's always nice to find a Rodney Hampton as well, I've got like 6 or 7 of his cards now, so old Matt better be careful, as I'm clearly getting closer to challenging his status as the #1 Rodney Hampton supercollector :)

One more post to go, and I AM DONE!!!! I tell you, if these struggle's are going to continue to be a thing, I might just have to go the "best of" route for a little while, as trying to show everything is starting to feel like way too much of a chore. That being said, there was some decent cards in here amongst the leavings... is it any wonder why I rarely look at anything other than the bargain boxes anymore?


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

18 comments:

  1. Yeah, card show hauls have to divided up. I go with my Braves typically first, then just highlights from the rest in groups of course. It is always work though it is rewarding once finished posting them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but your "hauls" truly are hauls, which have to be divided into many posts. My "hauls" are just a bunch of crap that, if I wasn't so lazy, could probably be condensed into a post or two.

      Delete
  2. What a bunch of awesome stuff! I have a few representatives from some inserts you showed but others are new to me and now I know what to look for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my lack of descriptions won't hinder your searching.

      Delete
  3. Great Jackson card and you read my mind on the Jerry Rice card. Definitely some new ones to me. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to be able to show a few things that end up being new to somebody.

      Delete
  4. Nice stuff, glad you showed them off. I might have to look for the Bo Jackson cards at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind trying to get a few more cards from that Bo tier either, although I've found out since this post that the "Cycle" cards are 1/1's, so those are probably out!

      Delete
  5. Lots of great eye candy. Love the Big Hurt one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's basically all that this stuff is... eye candy!

      Delete
  6. Panini's Pinnacle revival kinda sucked, but those Clear Vision inserts are nothing short of excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are neat, hopefully I kind a few more cheap examples of retired player's.

      Delete
  7. Cool Thomas. Don't think 1995 Topps DIII ever caught on with most collectors... but I busted a box of it and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wasn't familiar with it in the least, so...

      Delete
  8. 'Some cool 'stuff there. "Thoma's trippin ball's, Yo" LOL. Of cour'se, the Bo Jack'son and the Red'skin caught my eye too. 'Sometimes I wi'sh they would bring back the creativity of all tho'se 'shiny in'serts in'stead of the bland photoshop fodder they put out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody seems to want the creativity of the 90's inserts back, but I think it's safe to say that that ship has long since sailed -- thank goodness a lot of said inserts can still be found for next to nothing at card shows across the country though.

      Delete
  9. Hey there can only be one Rodney collector around ;) In other news, I do have that one but need a second one to put in my set so I can keep my other in my binder with my Hamptons. If you see another cheap one keep me in mind!

    ReplyDelete