Thursday, October 3, 2019

COMC Shuffle #29

Another week, another ten seven randomly selected cards from last year's COMC hoard!

1971 Milk Duds
I was surprised to see some reasonably priced Milk Duds boxes at last weekends card show, first time I had ever seen any at a show. I saw them almost right after I got there, and they were still there four later when I left. I observed many (at least to me) interesting things at this show, which I'll cover in future recap posts, but given the condition and price, I don't know how those boxes didn't sell while I was there -- I believe they were below eBay prices, and even the many flippers that were in attendance didn't touch them. Makes me wonder if these boxes are even more of a niche item than I previously thought?

1999-00 Upper Deck HoloGrFX AuSOME #37AU
I liked Tony Battie, but that is some weak-ass defense!

1960 Topps #259
I don't have a lot of want to send out TTM requests anymore, but it might be nice to add a couple of autographs to my "Telstar Four" collection, and from everything I've read, George is quite generous with his signature (this card would look great signed). It's certainly something to think about.

2013 Panini Golden Age Playing Cards #2D
New additions to my Golden Age insert sets have really slowed down this year, which is okay, because I'm not entirely sure that I'll be trying to finish those anymore. I still like most of them quite a lot, but once I lost the want to build sets... I really lost it!

1997-98 NBA Hoops Frequent Flyer #6
I wouldn't say that this one of the best 90's insert sets, but I still like it quite a bit... maybe in my top 25?

1972-73 Topps #175
This was for the total rebounds on the season, not rebounds per game. If it had been rpg, Wes would've been #2, as he averaged 17.6 to Kareem's 16.6, but Kareem played five more games than Wes, and therefor was able to best him by just 10 total rebounds.

2014-15 Panini Prizm Blue and Green Mosaic Prizms #173
Hey, it's Kareem from the same era as the previous card, but with more shine!

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the reason that there's only seven cards in today's post, is because that's all that was left in the Shuffle folder -- meaning that the post ended earlier than usual, and that the series has come to an end as well. It was a fun series, and I still like the concept for it, but I think it's run it's course. It was a good way to show off my COMC cards, but creatively, it's been a lot more limiting than I had anticipated, so with that in mind, I'll be coming up with a new way to show this this year's cards... good thing I've got about two months until their arrival (I'm gonna need it)!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

11 comments:

  1. Kareem looks like he knows Wes is about to overtake him in the rebounding race. He's definitely keeping an eye on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks more like Kareem is jealous of Wes' hair. Congratulations on finding a Milk Duds box at a show. I've never seen on in real life. Hoping to see one in Sacramento in a few weeks though.

      Delete
    2. Trevor: Sounds about right :)

      Fuji: Ha! Also, this box came from COMC, it just made me think of the one's I just saw at the show, hence the mentioning of the one's I saw at the show.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen those Milk Dud boxes before, they look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, but I had such a terrible experience when I bought mine on COMC, that I've pretty much lost all interest in them, and unless they're crazy cheap, I probably won't ever be buying any more.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for keeping me entertained with this series. You ended on a high note thanks to that Milk Duds box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you weren't around for all of it, but I do appreciate you reading the one's that you did.

      Delete
  4. That Milk Duds box is in great shape. I think I have one or two of those floating around, but not even close to being that clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the one's that they didn't damage before shipping are pretty nice, too bad that they couldn't all have arrived in the condition that they were supposed to be in.

      Delete