Monday, November 6, 2023

Doing my part

She may not be able to actively participate anymore, but if some group out there wanted to promote the joys of reading, an image of Marilyn Monroe holding a book might just be what they need for a successful ad campaign. I would have to imagine that it would, at the very least, help improve literacy amongst the male half of the population. 

It doesn't come across in the scan, but this particular hologram is easily one of the most impressive I've ever seen in terms of it's 3-D effect. The background details really pop when you turn this card. I know that it's old technology by 2023 standards, but I still find myself being quite enamoured with holograms, especially those of this quality.

This was another Sportlots purchase from earlier this year. And at 20¢, I consider it to be one of my better buys for the year. 

11 comments:

  1. That's a steal for twenty cents! Nice addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great card. Is she reading Death of a Salesman or The Crucible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a good get for a couple of dimes. I have a pretty good size Marilyn collection. One day I'll have to scan it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading is fundamental, Jon. (Hear that in Marilyn Monroe's voice.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about it prior to your comment, but such a campaign could easily get Marilyn's voice for it via one of those new AI programs that everyone's been going on about.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on getting a good scan too. Those can be finicky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought it wasn't very good. And I guess even if it is, I'm still not happy with how it turned out.

      Delete