Sunday, February 7, 2016

My first trade as a blogger

It took a little longer for my first trade to occur than I though it would, but this one was definitely worth waiting for. It will come as no surprise to most of you reading this that the person responsible for everything you will see here is none other than Mark Hoyle, who from what I have seen , seems to have achieved almost mythical hero amongst the bloggers (although I wouldn't be surprised if that carries over to daily life as well).

After giving Mark my want lists, he gave me no indication what or how much was being sent. I can honestly say that I was amazed by what was sent and how much was sent. It was also neat to be informed that a lot of these cards were pulled from packs by Mark himself, as a youth. I don't think I own too many cards pre 1980 that I know who the original owner was, so that fact just adds to the overall coolness of these cards.

So I guess it's time to show the contents of this mystery package.


1974-75 Topps:
With this group here, I'm only 15 cards away from completing the set. And since none of the 15 are big names I should be able to finish it off this year. Very exciting stuff!


1975-76 Topps:




How's that for star power? I could do a post or two just on the contents of this group. The Bob McAdoo has been a long desired card of mine. I can't really explain why I like it so much, I just do. With this selection marked off the checklist, I'm down to 25 needed. It will probably be tough to finish the set this year, so I will be optimistic and say hopefully next year.


1976-77 Topps:
Three out of the four are serious upgrades. The Bob Lanier on the other hand is a card that has been alluding me for quite a while now. It is definitely my second favorite of the entire package.


1977-78 Topps:
There is some serious name power in here. I had forgotten I needed some of the stars represented here, but I guess that is bound to happen when they are put in checklist by numbers only. Of all the 70's basketball sets, this is the one that I have focused on the least. But now with all these cards coming off the needs list I think I will start trying to complete it sooner than later.

So I will finish by saying thank you, Mark. You really outdid yourself. Hopefully you can comment on a future post after you receive my side of the trade, so that the other bloggers know I am willing and able to match trades with equally as great of items.

Thank you for taking a moment to look at my page.


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on popping your trading cherry.lol
    That's some awesome vintage basketball.
    I definitely agree ol' Mark is an almost mythical cardboard hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the somewhat descriptive felicitations.

      Delete
  2. You couldn't have picked a better person to trade with. Mark is as good as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to pass on some old hoop cards to a fellow NBA fan. These old sets were part of my youth. Great seeing them posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They couldn't have went to a more appreciative person. Thank you again! I am looking forward to putting some dents in your set needs.

      Delete
  4. Very cool...Mark has sent me more than a few 1970s NBA as well. After I had a flood on 2/5/15 he sent me a whole bunch of 1974-75 Topps (I lost some in the flood, which he replaced, and sent along a bunch I never had) and then later last year he helped me by sending the last cards I needed to finish the 1979-80 set. I set aside most of the new Celtics I get for him before they can be added to the tradelist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be no end to his greatness.

      Delete