Tuesday, October 17, 2017

NPN Win

After getting all those packs of 2017 Topps Archives for my birthday a couple of months ago, I decided to do something I had never done before... which was to enter one of those no purchase necessary contests that are always mentioned on the back of the wrappers. And as you may have inferred from the title, I actually won something!

I had forgotten I even entered this contest until just a couple of days ago, after remembering I had done so and then looking at the date, I just assumed my name hadn't been one of ones chosen -- and then just yesterday, this arrived:

It was kind of exciting to imagine what kind of treasure could possibly be contained within this package. I took a few seconds to get the picture taken, and than tore in to that sucker like a kid on Christmas morning.

And here is my major award, a peach parallel of Jose Quintana. While it's certainly no leg lamp, it's still not too bad of a card to have won.

It's a little hard to see, but it's numbered 50/199. Since I'm not actively collecting the Archives parallels, I think I might just leave this in the toploader it came in, sticker and all. If I don't, I might eventually forget where this card came from, and this is, silly as it sounds, something that I would kind of like to remember for as long as I can.

Now that I've won something from one of these contests, I'm kind of jonesing to try my luck on a few more.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

10 comments:

  1. I have never tried a Topps NPN. Maybe I should give one a go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! All it costs is the price of a stamp.

      Delete
  2. I've won a couple. One base card from 16 Bowman and a 16 Finest /75 parallel. It's fun to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't remember if it was possible to end up with base cards, now thanks to your comment, I guess I now know that is.

      Delete
  3. I've always intended to try one of these. I've always intended to visit Australia, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the main reason why I had never tried before is because I just don't ever get anything close enough to it's release date, i.e. while the contest is still valid.

      Delete
  4. Holy crap someone one something from these! Now Topps will get flooded with envelopes since we've seen this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be overestimating the size of my readership just a tad.

      Delete
  5. Matt may be right. I just bought a box of envelopes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, best of luck to you, should you ever decide to try and enter one (or more).

      Delete