Saturday, January 20, 2018

And then there were four

                     
Back in April of last year, I did a quick post about only needing fifteen more cards to complete my 2013 Panini Cooperstown Green Crystal Shard parallel set. Now, nine months later, I'm doing another somewhat quick post about being down to only needing four more cards to complete the set.

All of the cards being shown here today were part of my post Black Friday COMC shipment, most of which, had been sitting in my account for the last six months or so. Even though it's really tough to wait some times, I just can't bring myself to pay to have my stockpile shipped, when I know that free shipping will be available come Black Friday.





With these guy's out of the way, only Honus Wagner, Rod Carew, Mike Schmidt, and Jimmie Foxx are left. The first three on that list are currently available on COMC, but in my mind, are overpriced. And the fourth (Foxx), is conveniently the only card from the 100-card set that isn't for sale on the site. Now that I'm so close to completion , I'm hoping that it's not too much of a stretch to say that, barring some sort of catastrophe, I should have this set wrapped up by year's end... which I'm kind of excited about, primarily because it will be the first parallel set that I've ever completed.

There were a few other non-green 2013 Cooperstown parallels in the shipment as well, and since I'm not really wanting to do a separate post for them, I thought I'd shoehorn in a couple of red's, and a gold, here at the end of this one:



I still have a ways to go on the red crystal's, and even further so on the gold's, so I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch for me to say that these two sets will not be getting wrapped up by year's end.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

10 comments:

  1. I love the shards and this set in general. I hope find Double X before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great looking cards, have a few in my Giants collection and should focus on finishing up some player rainbow. Congrats on getting close and good luck tracking the Final Four down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the many nice things about this set is that player/team collector's can complete those rainbow's (minus the black 1/1's) for very little money.

      Delete
  3. That's a neat looking set. It's the one I chose to get my hometown player into my collection. Completing parallels is tough, that is going to be a major accomplishment for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completing parallel sets is tough, but it is a little easier with a set like this, thanks to it's small size, and that there are no "hot" rookies for speculators to gobble up.

      Delete
  4. Even Cochran is looking up and smiling at all of these shiny cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll be looking for that sly Foxx. I do have a few of these cards stashed in a "working set" box. I doubt it will ever be completed but liked these cards too much to let them go.

    ReplyDelete