Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Where's the stamp?

I don't know how many times now that Jim (proprietor of cards as i see them) and I, have exchanged cards, but I do know that since starting this blog, he has been by far my most frequent trading partner.

To date, Jim has always sent buybacks my way, which have been immensely helpful in getting my frankenset as far along as it is. I believe however, that the two cards he sent me last week, mark a turning point in our relationship, as neither of them were a buyback... dunh dunh DUNH!

Instead of old cards that have been stamped, Jim sent just regular old (old) cards, aka vintage cards, both of which were set needs:

 This 1960 Topps Gil Hodges card is really great, although at some point during it's transit, bits started flaking off the top right corner. Having never seen that happen before, I have no idea as to what could have caused it. Looking on the bright side, I guess I can say that I am now in possession of the only known example of a 1960 Topps puzzle card :)

Straight Outta Compton (sorry, I couldn't resist), comes Charlie Neal, being featured here on this really cool 1962 Post card. This particular card has been of interest to me for a few years now, primarily because of the seemingly unending number of variations (skin color and hat color) that one could chase, for anyone interested, I would imagine that most can be seen on COMC. This is also the second Post card that I have been sent in as many weeks (thanks again, Nick), I can't imagine that it will keep occurring at the same pace, but I could really get used to this.

Jim, thank you for the cards, even though the buybacks are always appreciated, it was really great to switch it up and get something from you... that hasn't been stamped.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're dope for still using the word "dope" in 2018 :)

      Delete
  2. Love the 1962 Post cards. I have a few of those hanging around somewhere. The Hodges card is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three years of Post cards are slowly becoming my all-time favorite baseball sets.

      Delete
  3. That's perhaps my all-time favorite Gil Hodges card.
    BTW, I never got around to commenting on an earlier post (where you showed off your slippers bound together with silver tape).
    I had the same situation with my slippers (that are the same style as yours)! Toughed it out with a silver dollar-sized hole in the sole for two months, waiting for my new Christmas morning slippers. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are the odds? Sounds like we need to call up Ripley's and find out if they Believe it or Not! Either that, or we just need start asking for higher quality slippers for Christmas :)

      Delete