Monday, August 20, 2018

Bru comes through

Some of you may recall the buyback mother lode that I struck at the card show back in June. Some of you might also recall that I ended up giving away the majority of said buybacks, mostly via Twitter.

Well, Marc, from Remember The Astrodome, was one of the people that inquired about the availability of a few of them (Astros) -- there ended up being a few for him, so I was more than happy to send them along without any strings attached.

Now a number of people asked if they could something in return, to those folks I simply said "I appreciate the offer, but it's really not necessary", and that seemed to be a satisfactory reply to most -- but not Marc -- he was much more adamant about sending something in return (which I completely understand btw), and since I didn't want to come off as being difficult, I acquiesced to his generosity... although he did end up sending more than I sent him (that's going to need to be balanced out sometime soon).

I've been getting an awful lot of help with Cooperstown sets as of late, not that I'm complaining mind you, I'm just a bit surprised that so many people still had lying around. I love that photo of Ron Santo by the way, if anybody (Bob?) knows the origins of it, I would very much like to hear about it.

After marking off the seven 2013's that Marc sent, I am now down to needing just 11 to complete the set, although seven of those eleven are short prints, so...

The Cooperstown's were great and all, but as per usual, the Golden Age is the show stealer. With the addition of these four, I now only need 1 card (Dusty Baker) to complete the 2014 set!

Thanks for all the set help, Marc! You really didn't need to send anything in return, that being said, I'm awfully glad that you did.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

2 comments:

  1. You're most welcome! And don't worry about balancing it out. I'm happy to let the card horde shed a few cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you say so, but now that we've had some contact, I will be keeping an eye out for things that I think might be of interest to you.

      Delete