Monday, August 13, 2018

From his Card Shop to mine

I had planned on doing some card show post this week, however, judging by the amount of mail that I received last week, it would seem that some of my blogging friends had other ideas.

I've been sending out quite a few things as of late, and a few folks are starting to send some stuff in return, which was completely unnecessary, but still very much appreciated -- after all, I, like most people, do enjoy getting mail... especially when it contains some sort of collectible(s).

The first envelope came from Daniel, of It's like having my own Card Shop, who decided to help out with my meager collection of 1998 Donruss Signature Series', by sending this extra Andy Benes that he had:

I only remembered Andy Benes from his half a season with the Mariners back in 1995, so I was kind of surprised to see that he ended up playing for 18 seasons, finishing with a record of 155-139, and he even led the NL in strikeouts (189) during the 1994 season. Granted, I did start to lose interest with baseball around '96 or '97, but I still should've remembered him for more than just half a season's worth of play.

Daniel, thank you again for the card, it was pleasantly unexpected. I fully intend to pursue this set a little more actively once I complete a few others, but in the meantime, it's nice to be able to check another off of the list before ever even having to search for it.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page

3 comments:

  1. I remember Benes from his years with the Padres and Cards, but never the Diamondbacks or Mariners. It's only 9:45 and I learned something new today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy Benes was actually the Opening Day starter for the D-Backs in the inaugural season. He threw the first pitch in Diamondbacks history.

      Delete
    2. That's an interesting bit of trivia, one that I'm hoping to actually be able to remember.

      Delete