Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I need more time!

I don't know if it was his intention or not, but Daniel -- from It's like having my own Card Shop -- seems to have inspired a blog challenge/bat around, the goal being to try and write a post in five minutes. All the cool kids seem to be doing it, hopefully that means it's alright for one of the uncool kids to give it a go as well. So let's fire up the old stopwatch (people still have those, right?), and see how far I can get:

A couple of weeks ago, The Lost Collector, provided a PSA by tweeting about a one-day only special code on eBay in which you could save $5 on any purchase of $5.01 or more. I was one of the many people who were able to save a couple of bucks thanks to AJ, and it seems like this challenge is the perfect vehicle to show off my purchase.

Henry Winkler -- portrayer of a beloved television character, producer, all-around good guy, and possible national treasure -- is my 22nd auto from the 2013 Panini Golden Age set.

I won this card on the same as the big card show, less than two weeks later, another copy sold for over $25 more, which makes me extremely grateful to have gotten it when I did.

I already said it once on Twitter, but I'll... My five minutes are up, so I guess I'm done here.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

21 comments:

  1. Love that card, I may need to try and track one down myself. Love the Fonz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ............hopefully that means it's alright for one of the uncool kids to give it a go as well.............. You're as cool as the Fonz.
    That is a sweet card with a fairly decent looking signature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool as the Fonz! Had you been drinking before you said that, Marc?

      Delete
  3. Nice GA pickup. I must temper jealous rage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get one of your own at some point :)

      Delete
  4. Nice pickup! I'm kicking myself for missing out on that coupon. I so rarely shop on eBay these days that I always seem to miss out on those deals.

    Also, I came across a Lem Barney box topper (not autographed) from Panini Golden age on COMC. If you need that one, you might want to check it out. It was on sale at a deep discount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually miss these kind of coupons too, just goes to show that Twitter is occasionally good for something.

      I'm not really sure at this time if I'm still going to be collecting the box toppers or not, but I do very much appreciate you mentioning nonetheless. It's also kind of funny that you brought up Lem Barney, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks to find out why.

      Delete
  5. Would have been fantastic if the card was signed "Arthur Fonzarelli"! Still a great pick up none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you ARE one of the cool kids. your Golden Age auto collection points to this fact! Panini needs to bring this product back. They toy with a great release for two or three years then it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the cool kids! Are you still taking pain medication?

      Delete
  7. I don't get excited about autographs very often, but...THE FONZ! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting to know what other signatures would elicit such a response from you?

      Delete
  8. Daniel is the man. I'm loving all of these 5 minute posts... almost as much as I enjoy this sweet signature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried a TTM to him. I was told he was a great singer and never returned mine. I definitely need this card lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't feel too bad about it, I would imagine that he receives an awful lot of requests.

      Delete