Sunday, October 25, 2015

Someone stole the stats!

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love blank back cards. I don't know why, but I do.

I'm primarily a set collector with some autographs on the side. But I also have a separate collection slowly being built consisting of blank backs and to a lesser extent, blank fronts.

I think part of the reason why I like them so much is the fact that in the world before Ebay I had never laid eyes upon one. Growing up I never saw any at card shops and I certainly never pulled any from a pack, and I have opened a lot of packs/boxes over the years. So when I finally did see one, it was love at first sight.

So here are two recent additions to my collection.

                             1979-80 Topps Charlie Scott blank back

I don't have very many basketball blank backs, mostly due to the fact that they don't seem to be very common. It almost seems like Topps was more careful when printing basketball and football cards than they were with baseball. The card has a bit of a punky corner but considering the scarcity I didn't think it mattered all that much. This is now the second oldest one I have on the basketball side. In case you're curious the oldest is a 1972-73 Topps Dick Van Arsdale.

                              1987 Topps Group of 50 blank backs


This wasn't a star studded lot ,and since I think everyone has seen their fair share of cards from this set I will just show off a couple of the biggies from this group.

I was very surprised that I actually won this lot, as I usually bid on and lose out on just about every decent sized lot that comes up on Ebay. I think I paid around $10.00 for this group, which I thought was pretty low.

And on the flipside (pun?) I don't really care for blank back promos and I really dislike the intentionally created blanks that I have seen from some of the newer sets.

Thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment