Tuesday, October 10, 2017

TTM Triumph: Lenny Wilkens

Even though Lenny Wilkens is considered to be an almost guaranteed success when sending him a TTM request, I was still pretty excited to get this one back.

Coach Wilkens' list of accomplishments is longer than my arm, so in an attempt to keep this short, here are just a few: He was a nine-time all-star during his sixteen-year playing career, he coached the Sonics to their only championship in franchise history (1979), coached Team USA to gold at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, and is second all-time in coaching wins. And if that isn't enough, he has been elected to the basketball hall of fame three times, as a player, a coach, and as a member of the 1992 Dream Team (assistant coach). Oh, and he's also a member of the college basketball hall of fame as well.

As always, I would like to send a big thank you out to Mr. Wilkens for taking the time to sign my card.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool! And as I learned two years ago, he actually does have the most wins all time as a coach. Don Nelson is credited for games he wasn't even in the arena for, much like Steve Kerr and Luke Walton, when Walton coached 40+ games and didn't get credit for a single one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the record books don't reflect that.

      Even though I've been a big fan of Steve Kerr's for a long time, and think he deserves any and all accolades that come his way, I still feel kind of bad for Luke not getting credited for all those wins.

      Delete