Saturday, August 29, 2020

Bumped, and ran over by the generosity


Another day, another Trevor... hmm, I don't think that's how that old saying goes? But oh well, I'll go with it anyway.

I guess I'm clearing out the "T" section of my scan folders ("K" is next), Trevor, from THE RIPPIN' AND THE TRADIN', got his due last time, and today I'll give thanks for a pair of mailings from another Trevor, this time he of Bump and Run Football Card Blog, Trevor.


One of the bad things about letting mail days from fellow bloggers pile up is that you, or in this case, me, forget why they were sent. Of course stepping away from the blog for two months didn't help either. So I'm not entirely sure if this first batch from Trevor was sent in response to something that I sent him, or if it was sent just because? Either way though, it was much appreciated.


Speaking of "T's", I have to no idea what happened to the "t" in this scan (it's present on the card), looks like Trevor sent me my first 'Sarquest'.

The Robelmonster (sorry, Tom)! I'm not gonna lie, this pair of needs was the best part of this package. It's been a slow year for adding new Reggie's, but I did make a little headway the other day with my first order from baseballcardstore.ca (which we as bloggers all learned about thanks to Trevor), where I was able to grab 4 or 5 new ones (they haven't been added to the blog list yet).


Hard to believe that these were my first Sunoco stamps. It's also hard to believe how cheap one can still get unused packets of these for. I guess this one instance where age doesn't add value. Charlie built his Hall of Fame career in San Diego, so it's a little off-putting to see him with the Oilers.

As an aside, I've mentioned before about how much I've enjoyed watching old football games on YouTube (there's tons of them), as seeing entire games from before I was born is just awesome. But I've also just recently found out that a bunch of people have uploaded entire episodes of This Week in Pro Football, which I'm finding to be as equally great as the old games. I'm only bringing this up because Mel Blount got some screen time during one of the recent episodes that I watched, which served as a reminder for me to get this post done.


Collector's Edge went absolutely bonkers with the parallels during the mid to late 90's, and while I'm extremely fond of them, I, more often than not, can't remember which parallels are which just by looking at them. Such is the case with these two, they're something, I just can't remember what!

Trevor wasn't fooling around with that PWE, nor was he fooling around with the follow-up that arrived a few months later...

Free Stuff Friday's seem to have fallen by the wayside (I will be bringing mine back pretty soon though), but before they did, Trevor got in on the action too by offering up a very generous helping of cards, of which I claimed a few. If memory serves, I only noticed one Herman Moore in the post, and asked for it, but apparently there were more, so Trevor went ahead and sent them all. They were all new to me, so no complaints (not that I'd ever complain about free stuff mind you).

The artsy Moon, and the J-Stew rookie were both part of the freebies, but the '95 Reggie Collector's Choice was not, that was just another bit of generosity on Trevor's part. I didn't even know that Reggie had a card in that set, and now that I do, it's kind of a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it's now one of my favorite cards of his, but a curse because it means finding two more parallels, the Player's Club won't be difficult, but the Platinum Player's Club on the other hand, now that one might prove to be problematic.

Many thanks to Trevor for the cards (especially the Roby's), once I get back into the groove of things, I should be able to send on some reciprocation.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

8 comments:

  1. That Steelers defense was so stacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herman Moore was the man. I really enjoyed collecting his cards back in the 90's. It's just a shame he played in Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how you could replace Herman's name with Barry Sanders in your comment, and it would work just as well, if not better!

      Delete
  3. I love 1990 Pro Set football. Of course it helps that I came across a BIG leftover box of them (leftover from a Raiders stadium giveaway at the LA Coliseum back in the day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a pretty cool thing to just happen upon :)

      Delete
  4. Bumped, run over. Backed up and ran over again. I kept a set of those UD checklists for years just because they were so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have quite a few from the baseball sets that I kept for the very same reason, but most have been given away in recent years.

      Delete