Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Pair of Hat Patches

This is going to be a fairly quick one today, featuring two Pro Debut Hat Patches from my recent COMC shipment.

I had hoped to stockpile a few more between the end of the Spring sale and the end of the Black Friday sale, but there just haven't been too many cheap one's available. For something I don't think a lot of people are collecting, sellers seem to keep pricing them as if they were in high demand. I know eventually I will have to pay a little more for some of the bigger names, but for the moment I'm really trying to collect these on the cheap.

I was able to get one from both the 2013 and 2014 editions, so I might as well start in chronological order with the 2013:

Julio Morban was drafted by the Mariners in 2009 and has yet to make his debut in the majors. Through seven seasons in the minors, he has compiled 399 hits, 135 RBI's, and 35 HR's while batting .270. Which doesn't sound too bad, the only problem is that over the last three seasons he's hitting just slightly above .200, so unless he's able to bring that average back up... I don't see him getting called up anytime soon.


And from the 2014 edition:

Matt Ramsey was drafted by Tampa in 2011, and like Mr. Morban above, has yet to make his debut in the bigs. In four seasons of minor league action he is 7-6, with a 2.06 ERA. Less than a month ago now, he was picked up by Milwaukee, and from what I read it sounds like he might have a decent chance of making it into their bullpen at some point during the upcoming season.



                


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment