Sunday, August 27, 2017

TTM Triumph: Nick Libett

I wanted to take a break today from all the recent basketball successes, and instead, show off a nice hockey return:

A twelve year veteran in the NHL, Mr. Libett is considered by most to be one of the best two way left wingers in Red Wings' history. Always a durable player, he led the league in games played four times. The former Detroit captain was also revered for his toughness, always being ready to throw down when necessary. An All-Star in 1977, he would play ten years in Detroit and two more with Pittsburgh before retiring in 1981. Nick finished is playing days with 237 goals and 268 assists, scoring 505 total points.

As always, I would like to send a big thank you out to Mr. Libett for taking the time to sign my card.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

5 comments:

  1. Remember Liberty well with some battles against the B's in the early 70's. Love this hockey set. Completed this as a kid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love this set, I'm still trying to figure out if I want to try and get as many signed as possible and just collect it that way, or just collect it the normal way (i.e. unsigned). So far, I've acquired exactly four cards from the set, and I have gotten all four of them signed.

      Delete
  2. You able to share the address you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly couldn't tell you, especially since I don't keep any record of where I sent stuff to, just who and when, and it's been long enough now that I just don't remember. I think though, that this may have been one of the addresses I got from findanycelebrity.com, I did a free trial and got quite a few addresses last summer. A word of caution though, should you decide to partake in a free trial on that site, be careful, as it's not entirely on the up and up. My apologies for not being able to provide more assistance to you.

      Delete
    2. Right after I wrote that reply, I remembered that I may indeed still have his address, which after some searching, I found on the piece of paper that I have all the addresses form that site that I still haven't tried. Since I don't know if he would want to be given out publicly or not, if you send me an email j t e f 8 2 at g mail dot com, I'll be more than happy to give it to you.

      Delete