Thursday, March 12, 2020

Taking a brief respite

Trying to write posts for the blog has been an absolute struggle as of late, hence only one published post through the first eleven days of this month. I thought it was because of all the card sorting I had been doing, you know, maybe I was just getting carded out? But now I think it's just a combination of a bunch things, and since I'm getting a little tired of starting posts, only to get stuck on something halfway through, then take a break from it by starting another one, only to have the same thing happen again, and so forth and so forth ... I'm just gonna go ahead and take a few weeks off from the blog.

I'll come back and do a Free Stuff Friday in a couple of weeks, but other than that, I don't anticipate doing anything else on here until April. Although I will be reading and commenting where I can on everyone else's posts, I'm about a week behind right now, but hopefully I can get caught up now that I don't have to worry about trying to write anything for a few weeks.

I've been fortunate enough to have received quite a few packages from fellow bloggers this year, so many in fact that I think I've reached my yearly average, and it's only March! I'm very grateful for all of the stuff that has been sent, but have yet to post about any of it, so that's gonna be my top priority come April... lots and lots of thank you posts!

Just so this post doesn't end up being imageless, and because I didn't know where else to show them, here are the most recent pickup's for my Reggie Roby collection, which came from last year's COMC horde -- I haven't gotten any Reggie's so far this year, so tecnically speaking, these are still recent to me.

I should probably point out that I used my new-ish phone (my old one crapped out) to take these pictures, which I'm still trying to figure out how to use btw, so the pictures are all a bit wonky (especially on the next card). Anyways, this is a 1990 Pro Set Reggie error, he's got Franco Harris printed on his back. Technically speaking I didn't need this card for the collection, but I wanted it, so I went ahead and overpaid (in earned credit) to get it.

I don't have the same affinity for Sports Illustrated for Kids, the magazine or the cards, that a lot of folks seem to, but I do like this card. I'm pretty sure that I even had a subscription to the magazine around the time that this card came out ('89), as I distinctly remember this particular design, but have no idea if I ever owned the actual card or not.

Reggie only has two refractor's to his name, this one from the '95 Finest set, and another more expensive from the previous year's Finest. This one doesn't have any greening, and the "Peel and Remove" isn't right over his face, so I was more than happy to pay a whole $0.75 for it.

Three new additions might not seem like a lot, but it's certainly better than no new additions! So on that note, I'll see you back here in a couple of weeks for another Free Stuff Friday, and spoiler alert, there's gonna be lot's of old stuff again, mostly off-condtion, but still old :)


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

23 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with taking some time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't take off too much time though, might not be any one still coming around if I did.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure some time off is just the thing to energize those creative juices! See you in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hopefully you'll still be seeing me in your blog's comments section :)

      Delete
  3. No worries. I took a big chunk of last year off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I did that, I probably wouldn't ever come back :(

      Delete
  4. We all have to recharge our batteries in our own way. Now that normal life has been suspended for the foreseeable future, hobby and blog time will likely take a hit for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say that this break was needed because of current events, but I'd be lying if I did. It's more like I'm just being overwhelmed by a lot of little "me" things right now, and can't seem to concentrate on the blog.

      Delete
  5. A refresher is always good. My absence wasn't planned but perhaps should've been. I hope you can enjoy your time away from the blog with books, movies and the great outdoors! looking forward to the freebies. I'm slightly off-condition and a bit old myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your absence was way too long! But at least you came back, and don't seem to have lost any of your witty repartee. And for the record, I've been feeling slightly off-condition and a bit old myself as of late :(

      Delete
  6. It's certainly understandable to take time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when I can't seem to finish off even the simplest of posts (this one almost didn't even get done).

      Delete
  7. Blogging seems to be hitting a bit of a lull. We'll all come back strong later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always good to recharge the batteries once in a while. We'll be here whenever you decide to start blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you know a bit about taking time off, and didn't seem to to do you any harm, so maybe there's hope for me too!

      Delete
  9. And all you did is go and write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your time off. As for SI for Kids cards... I'm one of those people who really, really love them. Also love all of the different errors Pro Set produced back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only learned of the Pro Set errors since returning to collecting, but it is pretty interesting to see just how many occurred during the set's printing process.

      Delete
  11. Some time away is sometimes a good thing. It has certainly made me excited about the prospect of writing on the blog again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, now hopefully you won't need another one anytime soon :)

      Delete
  12. Vacation time is always good. I could go for a vacation right about now. I like the bottom Reggie Roby card, miss those orange Bucs jerseys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think just about everyone could use a vacation right about now, and not the staycation's that most of us are currently experiencing.

      Delete