Monday, July 24, 2023

And the winner is...

First off, many thanks to everyone who entered my birthday contest. There were 28 entrants, which was around 10-15 more than I expected. A couple of the names were ones that I hadn't seen for a while, so that was nice too.

The list of entrants, before being randomized, was as follows:

Dennis
Vrooomed
The Angels In Order
Nick
Johnnys Trading Spot
kcjays
The Diamond King
karsal
defgav
GTT
Angus
hockey kazi
Bo
FiresNBeers
Brett Alan
RJ Sahl
Mark Zentkovich
CrazieJoe
POISON75
Matt
Derek
Nick Vossbrink
Crocodile 
John Sharp
Michael D
bbcardz
Laurens
Jafronius

Before I randomize the list, please remember that I said #17 would be the winner, provided of course that there were more than 17 entrants, which there were, so that's who'll be taking home the eBay gift card.

Okay, after eight mixes from the old randomizer, here's how those names shook out:

Congratulations, Gavin! When you get a chance you'll have to let me know if you want the card mailed, or if you just want the activation code sent via email (I think that this is the safer of the two options).

To everyone else, thanks again for entering (and all of the well wishes). Until just last week, I didn't know where the best place locally to go for gift cards was, now that I do, I think that this will be the route that I go for future contests/anniversaries. And speaking of anniversaries, this blog will be celebrating one in less than two months, so...

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That definitely brightens up my Monday. Sure, code via email would be great. Thanks, Jon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Gavin! And thank you again, Jon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I'm #1! LOL. Congrats Gavin and thanks for the nice contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Gav, and once again Happy B-DaY Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Gav! And happy birthday again to Jon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated birthday wishes. I was out of town celebrating my own birthday and must've missed this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just goes to show that writing a blog & having a good contest at the Same time reaches out the best collecting can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Gavin! And again happy birthday Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Gavin! And sorry it took me so long to wish you happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Gavin! Thanks for a wonderful contest, super generous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to wish you a happy birthday, but I didn't want to enter the contest. Then I forgot, I guess I can blame it on old age. Happy belated birthday, and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete