Monday, July 17, 2023

Celebrating my birthday by...

... giving one of you a gift (card)!

As promised last month, it's my birthday, and I thought it would be fun to use the day as a vehicle for a little contest.

This won't be anything elaborate, just leave a comment below (no felicitations necessary) if you want a chance at a $25 eBay gift card, and one week from now I'll randomize the comments (eight times) to find the winner. The only thing you'll need to be eligible for participation is an eBay account, and the winner will have their choice of me sending the actual card, or just sending the code via email; either one works for me.

Knowing that some people have very little luck (myself included) with landing in the #1 spot for randomized contests, I'm gonna mix things up a bit and have #17 be the winning spot -- provided I can get at least 17 entrants of course, if not, the backup number for the winner will be 7.

I guess that's it. I'm not sure if I'll be posting on here again before next Monday, but either way, this'll be the only time that I mention the contest. Entrants will be accepted right up until I randomize the names, which will probably be sometime around noon on the 24th. 

30 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Jon! Once again you're being super generous and I'll give this contest a try, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Jon! Hope you have a great day! (And thanks for offering prizes!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Birthday to you Jon, and very nice of you to give one of US a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have birthdays backwards. We're supposed to give *you* gifts! Seriously, thanks for this little lottery - and I hope you have a great b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jon. 7 and 17 are both my numbers so I'll go ahead and thank you now for the prize. :) Yeah and I'll win the Power Ball tonight and the Mega Millions tomorrow night too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a very happy birthday! 🎈🎈
    Enjoy a big bowl of ice cream, my favorite birthday treat.
    Thanks for the opportunity to join the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decline to felicitate. But thanks for the years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a good one. Thanks for the generous contest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! 7 is my favorite number but I don't like 17 at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Felicitations may be unnecessary but they are well deserved. And thank YOU for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big thanks for the contest! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very happy birthday to you! Good luck everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday Jon and many more to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday, thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday and thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, and, thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday and this is a pretty cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Jon, belatedly I wish you a very happy birthday. And thanks for the contest!

    Check out the video linked below...

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjk8N2Kg5qAAxU2RzABHRXNDBsQyCl6BAgjEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6t1vaF50Ks0&usg=AOvVaw1HK5POaShP0HqbbVJf78Xh&opi=89978449

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dropped by to say... Happy Birthday Jon :) Julie please do not consider this an entry...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had to look up what felicitations meant but happy birthday and thank you for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated happy birthday sir! Hope you had a good day, and thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete