Tuesday, May 31, 2016

TTM Triumph #24: James Edwards

The last couple of days have been kind of sucky for me health wise, so this will not be a very long post.

This recent successful return from James Edwards was pretty neat for multiple reasons, the main one being that he signed both cards I sent him. I was already working on trying to get as many cards from the 1989-90 Hoops set signed as I can, and I recently started trying the same for the 1978-79 Topps set as well. Since Mr. Edwards is one of only four players (I think) with a card in both sets, I had to try and get both signed.



Another thing I thought was neat, was the fact that he included both jersey numbers that he is wearing on both cards with each signature.

Most people will remember James Edwards best for his time with the Detroit Pistons as one of the "Bad Boys" where he won two championships (also won one with Chicago in 1996). He ended up playing 19 seasons and averaged 12.7 ppg.

As always, I would like to send a big thank you out to Mr. Edwards.


This is the space where I had intended to start linking up some random music. But while it's still going on this week, I feel compelled to urge everyone that hasn't already done so, to follow the link over to Tim's raffle and help out for a very good cause.

Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.


2 comments:

  1. A couple of nice additions. I forgot Edwards played for the Pacers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he had a couple of really good seasons with them.

      Delete