Thursday, September 14, 2017

Look N' See what I got

A couple of weeks ago I bought a dozen or so cards from a guy on the Sports Card Forum, which were all purchased for future care packages, so I won't spoil anything by showing them here today.

After the initial deal was ironed out, Bill (he didn't want his user name put in a blog post), informed me that he also had a few vintage non-sport cards that he was looking to move as well. Most of the stuff was from sets that I'm not collecting and/or that I have no interest in ever collecting. All was not lost though, as he did have one lone 1952 Topps Look N' See listed, and that's a set that I am very interested in.
In this condition, it was virtually impossible for me to resist the $2 asking price.
The info on the back of this card is slightly misleading, in that it lead's one to believe that the "discovery" of the daguerreotype was his, and his alone. I guess there just wasn't enough room to mention that it was his partnership with Joseph Nicéphore Niépce (inventor of heliography, which produced the earliest permanent photograph from a camera), and their subsequent attempts to improve on Niépce's earlier work, that would eventually lead to his discovery of the daguerreotype.

With the addition of this card, I'm up to owning a whopping 24 cards from the set, which if my math is right... leaves only a measly 110 to go!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

4 comments: