Friday, September 1, 2017

TTM Triumph: Ken Henderson

After having taken a six month (or more) break from sending out requests, I had started to forget how exciting it was to find one of my SASE's included with the day's mail. The first batch of letters that I sent out a couple of weeks ago are starting to yield quite a few successes, which explains why you have been seeing me do so many of theses posts lately. Today's post will feature the first baseball return from said batch of recent requests:

Playing for seven teams over his 16 year career, Ken Henderson's best season came as a member of the White Sox in 1974. That year he played in all 162 Games, had 602 At Bats, 76 Runs, 176 Hits, 35 Doubles, 5 Triples, 20 Home Runs, 95 RBI, 12 Stolen Bases, 66 Walks, .292 Batting Average, .360 On-base percentage, .467 Slugging Percentage, 281 Total Bases, 2 Sacrifice Hits, 8 Sacrifice Flies and 9 Intentional Walks. His all around solid play earned him a 19th place finish in the MVP voting, which may not seem all that special, but it ended up being the only year he would garner such consideration.

As always, I would like to send a big thank you out to Mr. Henderson for taking the time to sign my card.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment