Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Ear candy

This is one of those days that feels like I should be posting something, but I'm tired, and I don't feel like doing a lot of typing. So rather than showing some sort of collectible today, I thought I'd recommend  a YouTube channel that I just came across last week instead.

The name of the channel is Classic Baseball on the Radio, and as you may have inferred from the name, the channel is nothing but old radio broadcasts of baseball games, all of which can be heard in their entirety. For someone like myself, who has always enjoyed listening to baseball games more than actually watching them, this channel has been a real treat to find. And of course, if you enjoy baseball history, than this channel might be for you as well.

I don't know exactly how many old games are available on the channel, but just from some cursory searching, I'd say that there is at least 1,000... so there should be something for most fans.

So far I've listened to two complete games, Dodgers v. Pirates from 4/21/57 (awesome game), and Angels v. Pilots from 4/8/69. Not knowing the outcome of either game beforehand really enhanced the listening experience. For me this channel is going to come in handy when I'm doing long stretches of challenges on COMC, as it'll give me something else to listen to besides the usual music or podcasts.

So if you like old baseball, and you like old radio broadcasts, this channel might be worth you checking out.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

4 comments:

  1. Neat!.. gonna have to bookmark that and check out some old games sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding a few games of interest :)

      Delete
  2. sounds like something for the office doldrums! looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! They could definitely help pass the time.

      Delete