Friday, January 21, 2022

It wasn't that bad

Every card company has made their share of dumb cards over the years, but to my knowledge, none of them have ever publically admitted to doing so before. At least that's what I had thought...

Personally, I don't see why Upper Deck was so down on this card. Sure, the autographs are on stickers, but it's hardly the worst looking stickergraph I've ever seen. And yet, Upper Deck, for whatever reason, felt the need to let everyone know exactly how they felt about it -- even going so far as to print their critique right on the back of the actual card itself!

20 comments:

  1. It took me a minute to figure out what you talking about but that is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you did get it, and that's all that matters :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! Did this card come out right before they lost their MLB license? Maybe it's social commentary on the state of the hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when they lost their license, so I can't say.

      Delete
  3. I think it's a smart looking card myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great catch there! Think there's a card out there numbered CR-UD?

    ReplyDelete
  5. UD used to put in-jokes in their sets before (like #666 always being a Dodger). This could just have easily been DU-BM so I assume it must be on purpose. Great catch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really, really funny. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I wonder if anyone's ever done a more comprehensive post on funny card numbers, especially when letters are involved like this one. Anyway, that's gold, Jon, GOLD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I don't know. I think that this is maybe the 4th or 5th one of these that I've done, and I've got three more cards waiting in the wings. After those are done, it might be a while before another one shows up.

      Delete
  8. I don't see any issues with this card lol

    ReplyDelete