Monday, July 25, 2022

Go show some love, if you can

I've been meaning to mention something at the end of a post for what seems like months now, but I don't post very much on here, and when I do, I keep forgetting to do the thing that I want to do. So, since I can't ever remember to say it after a main post, I'm just gonna go ahead and give it it's own post. 

Looks like too that, because I've waited so long, there's now three things that I think are worth mentioning...

There a fellow called RR who's running a new-ish blog called, Hockey Autographs On Ice, who could definitely use some more readers/commenters. I know very little about hockey, so I, unfortunately, can't be of much use to his efforts (though I have been trying). And I know that a number of the hockey bloggers have closed up shop and sold their souls to join the mindless masses on Twitter and YT; and many of the hockey readers have probably followed, but there's got to be a few like-minded folks still around. If there is, it might not be a bad idea to go see what's what with this guy and his blog.

Another blog that deserves some love is, My Cardboard Life. It's been around for awhile, but I think that it's still flying under a lot of peoples radars. I don't know the man behind the blog, but he does seem to have some good stories to tell. I found his most recent post to be quite enjoyable, and I suspect that some of you may be able to relate to the story that he told. If so, don't be shy, and let him know!

Given how far card blogs have fallen on the online food chain, it's not easy for folks to establish a readership these days, and since readers/commenters are what fuel most blogs, and inspire their respective operators to write more, I feel like it's the responsibility of those of us who've been around a little longer to try and help send some more traffic in the direction of those who have yet to build up a solid following. So, if you have a few minutes, go check these guys out. Maybe even say hi if you're so inclined.

Oh, and even though a lot of people are already familiar with him and his blog, Dawg Day Cards, some folks may have missed Angus' glorious return the other day from a multiple year hiatus. Not only does it appear that he'll be posting on there again, but he also announced a new set themed blog as well, 1988 Swell Greats Football - Card by Card. I'm sure that he wouldn't mind some of you going over and checking that out. Even established bloggers can have trouble getting eyes on newly created blogs.

I feel like I'm forgetting somebody, but this'll have to do for today. If there is someone else that I wanted to mention, and I remember who it is, I'll be sure to do so at the end of the next post on here, which, should be up on, or before, this coming Friday.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't know how much good it'll do coming from me, but you're welcome.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing Hockey Autographs On Ice and My Cardboard Life. I've added both to my reading list and will head over and read their most recent posts. I added the 1988 Swell Blog by Angus over the weekend. It's a great looking set.

    And kudos to you for shouting out these three blogs. It's important that this community of collectors support each other. I'll definitely plug all three blogs in an upcoming post of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that those guys will really appreciate that. If there's one person who can direct a lot of eyes towards a blog, it's you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these blogs; I'll check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the plug, if I had seen this earlier I would of replied sooner. Thank-You again I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I don't know if it did any good or not, but it was worth trying.

      Delete