Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Someone really needed a hug

While looking through some pictures a couple of days ago that I had taken at last weekend's card show, I came across one that really stuck out... and not in a good way.

This picture was taken in the bigger of the two gyms that made up the card show, and of course since the photo was taken by me, it inevitably didn't turn out too well. Only I can make room with 140 of the 180 tables look small and uninteresting, but that's not what caught my eye, no, it's the second fellow from the right, the one who's wearing the striped shirt and maroon coat. I haven't seen someone looking so forlorn in quite some time. In case you can't see what I'm talking about, here's a closer look:

See? This guy look like he just lost his best friend. Even though I'm not one to talk to random stranger's, but had I noticed him standing there at the time, I would have felt inclined to go see if he was okay, as no one should look that sad at what was such a great show. I very much hope that his melancholy was only of the temporary variety, but I guess I'll never really know either way.

On a somewhat cheerier note, I got my first two T206's last night on COMC. As per usual, I will be waiting until after the Black Friday sale to have my stuff shipped, so it will be a while before you see said T206's here on the blog, but I thought I'd mention nonetheless... as I was kind of excited to get them.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

8 comments:

  1. I bit obvious of me but you could have offered him a "penny sleeve for his thoughts". Sorry. I'll go away now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was funny, please feel free to stick around :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to see a good crowd at a show even if it did depress some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was definitely a good crowd there, I just wish I was able to show it better via pictures.

      Delete
  3. All he wanted was the Yastrzemski with the sideburns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hackenbush wins Best Comment ..I dont even know if I should bother with mine after that. But I cant imagine every being that sad at a card show. If i ever look like that it's because I can't attend a card show.

    Also..you got two T206's?!? On COMC?!? Dude, don't make us wait till December. Show 'em off now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone who suffers from bouts of depression, I'm sure I look like that from time to time, but like you said, I couldn't imagine being that sad at a card show.

      Yes! and Yes! I would show them early, but with me not buying a lot on the site so far this year, I might need those (and everything else) more than ever for blog fodder next year. I do have some '33 Goudey's from last year's purchases that are still waiting to be shown, so that might appease your want to see some older cardboard.

      Delete