Tuesday, August 14, 2018

exchanged cards as i see them

Another day, another trade package. Today's cards were sent by everyone's favorite upper case challenged blogger, Jim (gcrl), of cards as i see them.

Jim sent cards from three different sets that I'm working on, all three of which seem to be drying up for me at the card shows. First up is this trio of 2001 Fleer Greats, the Maris being my favorite of the group, but just barely, as Catfish (and his green sleeves) is a pretty darn likable card as well.

2012 Cooperstown has completely disappeared from everyone's dime boxes at the Nashville card show, so these (as well as the others that I've received as of late) are very much appreciated. And closing out the package, was a Koufax from Topps Lineage (probably from Jim's duplicates box). Lineage is still findable at the shows, but it seems to have moved from the dime boxes to the quarter boxes. To me, 25 cents is a lot to pay for a base card from a seven year old set that not too many people are collecting, so I've been passing on a lot of needed cards over the last couple of months... including this Koufax!

As always Jim, thank you, not only for this mailing, but also for all the other's over the last few years. It's nice to have someone to exchange cards with, minus all the formalities that are often involved with traditional trading.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

2 comments:

  1. 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game is a beautiful set. I've come across these over the years, but you're right... this stuff is slowly drying up. Don't see them sitting in dime boxes quite as frequently anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I better and try and finish up these sets pretty soon then!

      Delete