Wednesday, August 1, 2018

T&A from a BFG

I, like a few of you reading this, was fortunate enough to be a part of, John Miller's (Johnny's Trading Spot), most recent Big Fun Game -- in fact, I was the first to join, which unbeknownst to me, meant that I would be picking first.

My first pick (I don't remember which number it was) yielded a three-box lot of unopened cards, which was promptly stolen by the very next contestant, aka Julie (of all people)! Since my prize had been callously taken from me, I got to pick again, this time ending up with a stack of likely future hall of famer's (baseball).

I'm sure there was probably some good cards in that stack, but it didn't look like anything that I collect, so I was kind of hoping that somebody would steal that one too... but nobody did.

Thankfully, John, had added a new twist to this particular BFG, which was that once the game was over, four people would have the chance to swap out their prizes and pick one of the remaining numbers, which I did! This last pick yielded something that I was not expecting (not that I'm complaining though)...

... a stack of cheesecake/pin-up arcade cards.

I was hoping that I would recognize a few of these gals, but alas, I didn't.

There were a few duplicates in here, so if anybody's interested in those, you know the drill.

These cards represent a couple of different era's, but all of the cards have the exact same white back, and are all printed in the exact same manner, which tells me that they're reprints. I'm guessing that they were produced sometime during the 1980's, as these kind of reprints were being done a lot during that time period.

The woman on the top right card has been bugging the s*** out of me, she looks so familiar, but I just can't seem to place her. Anyone?

And finally, everyone who played the game seems to have gotten one of these Mickey Mantle homerun cards. I'm not for certain, but I think everyone's homerun card coincided with their place in the game, which means that I got HR #1. If I'm right, this was a very creative idea on John's part.

John, thank you for letting me be a part of your game, it was very fun! And even though I haven't sent you anything in return yet, rest assured that I have been looking, you're just not a very easy person to find stuff for :)


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

12 comments:

  1. I got the same Mickey Mantle card, but you're right: that would have been a very creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I guess I was reading too much into getting the #1 card, oh well, it was still nice to get the extra card.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see your prize was easy on the eyes. Don't know who the girl on the right is but, the one on the left looked familiar to me but, alas, I can't place her either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll claim your dupes! Hmm, going to have to think of something good to pay you back with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got 'em! And don't worry about sending anything in return. It seems like I'm starting to have a lot of stuff for you, it might be time to start thinking about sending said stuff.

      Delete
  4. Oh the debauchery! You need updated photos. All Baby Boomer Moms and Grandmothers now. How'd that be for fun, Mr. Finn? While we're having this conversation - wouldn't you rather have a nice gal like me stealing from you than one of those blogger dudes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debauchery is right, I have seen things that I can't un-see, and it's all because of you... and your thieving ways :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a huge fan of cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete