Friday, October 5, 2018

'Tis the season

Even though there seems to be less and less items of interest (to me) with each passing year, I still look forward to seeing all of the latest and greatest items to hit the retail shelves come Halloween season.

So far this year, I've bought the least amount of stuff (not counting the stuff for future craft projects) that I can ever recall buying during this time of year -- but in keeping with tradition, I'm going to still show off the few things that have been gotten.

It sounds weird, but my favorite thing this year (so far), is a window/mirror cling that I got at Food City. You don't see a lot of Nosferatu imagery among modern decorations, so this one really stood out. This was one of those love at first sight items, and since they were only $1, I went ahead and bought 10 of them -- one of which, will be going in a frame for year-round enjoyment.

I got this one at Food City too, I'm not overly enamored with the image, so I only bought one. I should also note that the lighting conditions were less than desirable when I took this photo (as well as a few others in this post), so it came out a lot darker, the coloring is actually the exact same as the Nosferatu above.

I'm still not entirely sure as to whether I actually like them or not, but I still got another one of the raven skeleton's from the Dollar Tree.

I was watching a video of someone's Dollar Tree haul, in which they described these LED strobe lights as "awesome", and advised people to "pick some up if you can find them". Well, I'm gonna have to contradict that person by describing them as "hot garbage", and to advise people to "buy them only if you're the sort who enjoys wasting money!".

I really like the look of this year's goblets, trying to find a few that weren't all scratched/scuffed up was a bit of a pain, but I did manage to find a couple of each color.

Dollar Tree rolled out another assortment of cheaply made cutout's this year, and they look even worse than last year's -- however, they did bring back the "Yvonne De Carlo" from last year, so I had to buy a couple of more just in case (maybe I should grab a few more?).

A spider skeleton seems like a bit of an oxymoron, that being said, I still bought two.

I've heard that a lot of people's local Dollar Tree's are/were stocked with bat skeletons, unfortunately none of the stores near me had any, so I ended up getting two from Target. I really like the jaw and neck articulation on these guys (or gals).

That's it for the new stuff, but I might as well fill out the post a little by showing a couple of newly gotten non-new items too:

My mom found these cups for me at a thrift store, I don't know where they came from originally, but they work well as a secondary decoration. And finally, during her same trip, my mom also found...

... the only McDonald's Mr. Potato Head Halloween pail that I didn't have! I'm pretty sure that I also now have every Halloween pail that McDonald's has ever produced, which is kind of cool -- thank goodness that I'm not too old to still be excited by such things.

So like I said at the top, not a whole lot this year, but I guess even a little is better than nothing.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

8 comments:

  1. That raven thing is gonna give me nightmares. Not even Yvonne De Carlo is gonna help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you underestimate Ms. De Carlo's abilities :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely ghoulish! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They are! Goblets are one of the things that Dollar Tree does really well.

      Delete
  4. I love the different skeletons. Might need to hit up Dollar Tree and grab a few for my classroom.

    ReplyDelete