Sunday, December 30, 2018

Spreading the word


I hadn't planned on posting again until the new year, but I've seen two things in the last couple of days (don't worry, they're good things) that I thought might be of some interest to a few of you.

1) Andy (bbcardz), the proprietor of Stadium Fantasium, is running a contest, and not just any contest, no, this is his first contest, and I'd like it to be a successful one for him. He is offering an incentive for helping to promote it, but I'm not mentioning it because of that (I won't accept anything for mentioning it) -- you see, Andy was kind enough to participate in this year's Secret Santa, so I figure this the least that I can do to show my appreciation to him for joining in.

The contest (technically it's three contests) is related to the upcoming Rose Bowl, all you have to do is basically throw out a couple of guesses involving point totals, and that's it. There's plenty of prizes to choose from, so there's probably something for everyone. There's not a ton of time left to enter, so if' you're interested, you might want to get on it soon than later.

2) Ryan (SumoMenkoMan), the mastermind behind the blog that is Japanese Sumo Wrestling Cards and Menko, started interviewing fellow card bloggers early this year, and has just mentioned that, after just a couple of interviews, he has now run out of people to interview? I for one, don't believe it, there are dozens and dozens of us bloggers out there, probably even more than I know of, most of whom would probably love to be interviewed (think of it as a way to promote your blog), so it must just be that not enough people know about the series, which is why I wanted to bring it to your attention.

I feel a little weird about giving someone's email address out, even if they themselves have already put it out there publicly, so if you're interested in being interviewed (you know you are), just click on the above link to Ryan's latest post and scroll down the comments section to find his email address.

Okay, that's all I've got for now, so I guess I'll be talking to all of you again next year :-)


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jon for the unexpected, but definitely appreciated, public service announcement. I'd love to have a few more interviewees in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know if it would do any good or not, but I thought I'd try anyway.

      Delete
    2. Ryan... I'll definitely plug your interviews on my blog.

      Delete
    3. You pimping them will most assuredly generate more interest than I ever could, Ryan will probably end up having too many people to interview :)

      Delete