Thursday, November 7, 2019

A reminder from the Raisins


If you've ever seen Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas Celebration, then you already know of the longstanding association that The California Raisins have with Christmas, and if you haven't seen it, wait... you haven't seen it! I refuse to believe that there's anyone out there who hasn't seen Will's CCC, so I'm just gonna pretend like that didn't just happen.

Anyways, California Raisins! Christmas! You know who else is associated with Christmas? Hopefully you said Santa, because that was the correct answer! Now that you've mentioned Santa, I'm reminded that we're still accepting entrants for this year's Secret Santa. So if you'd like to join, and have yet to sign up, you can do so here.

Also, many thanks to Greg (GCA), of The Collective Mind fame, for recently sending this group of Raisins -- they're now the second batch that he's sent this year, and I couldn't be more happy with them!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

6 comments:

  1. I had one of those when I was little! A blast from the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely familiar with the California Raisins and the whole grapevine thing... but had no idea they had a Christmas special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaaaa? Technically speaking, it's not their special, but they did make an appearance. It used to be on television every until about 1995ish, then channels started doing their own stuff... and it's all gone downhill ever since!

      Delete
  3. Those California Raisins are soooo cool! I watched the Christmas Special a millions times. Don't see it on today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine at this point that it would ever air on network television again, which is a shame, but times have changed considerably since we were kids -- certainly not for the better though.

      Delete