Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Maybe next year


It looks like Monday's informal poll went about the way I thought it would, that being that there's not a lot of interest in the Secret Santa this year (thanks to all of those who chimed in though).

Counting myself, there's all of 8 people wanting to participate this year, and in my mind that just isn't enough to make it fun. I suspected this is how it would go this year, what with all that's happened, and is still happening.

So I guess I'll just say that maybe they'll be more interest again next year, and leave it at that. Although once again, just because I'm not going to host it this year, doesn't mean that someone else can't. It's entirely possible that my ability to draw participants has diminished, and that a new host might be able to drum up more interested parties. There's certainly still time to get it up and running, but whoever would have to do so pretty soon, probably within the next week or so.

Hopefully those who were interested won't be too disappointed, I am a bit, but did expect this, so it won't be too difficult to get over.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

11 comments:

  1. I say do it with those 8! Something is better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's never been less than 20 participants, so 8 would've been a huge let down, and wouldn't have left much room for variety.

      Delete
  2. I'd make it nine. If you are still interested we can direct people to you on our blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally that's what I would've asked for, but I don't think it would've made much difference this year.

      Delete
  3. Although I wouldn't participate... I'd happily advertise it if you change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you saying that you weren't participating probably would've influenced a numbers of others not to do so as well.

      Delete
    2. I wish I had that kind of influence in the hobby. I barely have that kind of influence with my students. ;D

      Delete
  4. We'll just have to make sure next year's event is extra awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hopefully a new host will be able reignite everyone's interest.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear but understand. I really looked forward to it each year. I'd been in. Just missed that original post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, somebody else could've took over, but it looks like it isn't going to be happening.

      Delete