Friday, November 24, 2017

A bionic relic

Even though I'm slowly trying to complete the autograph and memorabilia sets from all three years worth of Panini Golden Age, but for whatever reason, I almost never show any of my acquisitions here on the blog.

I do the exact same thing with all of the Prizm basketball parallels I get too, with those though, I just assume no one else will be interested so why show them.

The problem of not showing any of the Golden Age purchases will probably be rectified once I get my COMC hoard, as this has been a really good year for finding cheap needs on the site, probably 1/8 of my stash is made up of Golden Age cards.

In the meantime though, I thought might share this nifty, albeit almost forgotten about 2014 Museum Age Lindsay Wagner that I won on eBay a couple of months ago:

Lindsay is of course best known for her portrayal of Jaime Summers on The Bionic Woman, a show that I watched quite a bit of when it was being shown in syndication on the Sci-Fi channel during the mid 90's.

It wasn't until this particular card came up for auction, that I learned it's one of the short printed relic cards, and that they almost never come up for sale. Because of that, there were quite a few bidders, which not surprisingly, sent the price upwards in a hurry. I ended up winning it for I believe $34, which is much higher than I wanted to go, but I figured this might be my only chance to get one, so bit the bullet and bid just high enough to get it (I think my high bid was $35 something).

I was struck with buyer's remorse almost immediately after the auction ended, but now that a couple of months have passed, that feeling has mostly subsided, mostly...


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool Now you need a Lee Majors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he's got a relic card too! Plus they both have autos in the 2014 edition, neither of which I own yet.

      Delete
  2. That's a nice looking relic. Do they say what's it's from? Buyback autographs also exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't say what it's from. And I forgot all about the buyback autos.

      Delete
  3. Cool card. I grew up watching Summers and Majors. By the way... time seems to heal buyer's remorse. I bought a card earlier in the week on eBay and my initial reaction was "wth did I just do?". Received it in the mail yesterday and was happy as a clam at high tide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time has definitely healed the buyer's remorse on this one, especially since no more have come up for sale since I bought it, but I do still have some remorse over a few other cards that have gotten in the last couple of years.

      Delete
  4. this is a great card! It would go nicely in my 70s binder! I follow Lindsay on Twitter. She shares a lot of uplifting messages regarding present moment awareness and gratitude. We can all use a bit of that I s'pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you are able to find one then, it might be a bit chunky for a binder though :) I guess I'll have to look her up on the Twitter, as I'm all for some positive messages being sent out, what with all the negativity that were all constantly enduring.

      Delete