Thursday, November 16, 2017

It's Miller Time!

Even though I have yet to attend one, I have been told that there is a guy, who is a longstanding member of one of those alphabet autograph organizations, that occasionally sets up at the monthly Nashville Flea Market.

As I said, I still haven't been, but my mom has... many times. And while there a couple of months ago, she bought a couple of autographs from this dealer, including a Reggie Miller signed 8x10 for me:

During his playing days, Reggie was one of those guys you either loved or hated -- I was among the latter, as I would imagine most non-Pacers were. He could be incredibly frustrating to watch, especially when playing against your team, and as I'm sure any Knicks fan could tell you, his ability to catch fire at any moment of a game, meant that no lead against a Miller led Pacers team was ever enough.

It was only after he retired that I was able to look back and appreciate just how good he was, and after doing so, was fully onboard with his being elected to the Hall of Fame.

This was my first autograph of Reggie in any format, and I always enjoy getting autos of HOF'ers, so this ended up being a gift that I was very thankful to receive.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

8 comments:

  1. I was a huge Reggie Miller fan back in the day. He's one of my all-time favorites. This is a very cool item, your mom got her money's worth with that big signature of his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention too, that the photo scanned kind of dark, so that "big signature" does look even better in person.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it's pretty nice looking too.

      Delete
  3. I've always been a fan of pure shooters... and Reggie was in an elite class. I've only owned 7 or 8 basketball jerseys in my lifetime. Reggie was one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than my own basketball jersey from when I played as a kid, I have never owned a sports jersey of any kind.

      Delete
  4. Reggie is my favorite basketball player of all time. He destroyed the Knicks time after time. If he had at least one other star player on the team the Pacers could have won a championship or few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew there were so many Reggie fans amongst the bloggers! The Pacers looked like they might have been a serious contender in his last season, but after "The Malice at the Palace" and the suspensions that came afterwards, his/their chance at a championship went up in smoke. In a way, it's kind of sad.

      Delete