Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Unexpected

Over the last couple of months or so, my interest in comic books -- which had been lying dormant for quite some time -- has begun to stir again.


I don't really know what has caused this renewed interest, and I'm not really in the mood to get introspective, but I do think part of it might just be because everywhere I go lately I seem to be surrounded by boxes of comics. It's like all this temptation awoke that old familiar pull, forcing me to go see what's in all these boxes. Needless to say, I have been digging through a lot of these boxes, seeing if their are any great deals to be had. And of course, like any modern collector of anything, I have been scouring the interwebs trying to see what I've been missing.

Last week I picked up a nine-book lot of DC's Unexpected off of eBay. It was a buy it now/or best offer listing, I made in offer that the seller promptly accepted, and ended up getting the lot for $8 with free shipping.

This was kind of mixed lot condition wise, most would probably just be considered reader's copies, but since that's what I wanted them for, I didn't really care about the condition.


Horror anthologies were always my favorite when I was young, so I guess it's not that surprising that I would be drawn to them even after all these years.




 I can't even begin to explain how much joy the title, "Vampire of the Apes" brings me. By far, my favorite cover of the bunch.

Archaeology and monsters, what else could I possibly ask for in a story?

Overall, I think these nine books for under a $1 each, was a pretty good deal. And it certainly made for some enjoyable reading.

I know some of you won't be happy to hear this, what with all my other non-card posts as of late, but don't be surprised if you start seeing a lot more comic book related content being added to the mix.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

6 comments:

  1. I like comic book posts. I post comic-related stuff pretty frequently, and it's nice to see similar content on other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, maybe all your comic related posts have played some part in my recent renewed interest as well.

      Delete
  2. Even though I am a DC diehard- or was, until 2011- this is a series I don't think I've ever read an issue of. I've never been a horror fan. Vampire of the Apes looks like something I'd buy.

    My comic blog will be getting more use in 2018 than it did this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know you had a comic blog! Now that I do, I will be adding it to my reading list.

      Delete
  3. Abe in a spacesuit? You've stirred my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That story's called "Dear Senator". It's about a group of people in the distant future, who think that the best way to fix all the problems society is dealing with, is to... switch the President with a clone (right before he was assassinated) and transport the real Abe to their time.

      Delete