Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Distractions

When I started this blog I had every intention of doing a post every other day, and while I was able to stick to that schedule for a few weeks, it has quickly devolved into a post about every four days.        

I currently have multiple projects that I'm working on and falling behind on. Also, even though I haven't mentioned on here before I have a few health problems that have made trying to keep up a regular blogging schedule slightly difficult. I'm still dragging from the card show on Saturday because of said health problems, which is terribly frustrating.

And now for the last few days this has been the main distraction:
Flooding! This picture is showing what normally is a creek that measures about 4 feet across and somewhere around 2 feet deep. This creek separates the right side of the property which is the side our house is on, from the left side which is mostly wooded. So you are looking at part of the front yard under water.

I don't ever pay any attention to the news (too much fluff and propaganda for my liking), but from what I have briefly heard a lot of places in the south are having flood problems right now. It is amazing to think that on Friday it was 75 degrees and blue sky and by Monday morning we had this.

It case anyone is interested, here's a few more pictures:

 
Part of the back yard will start flooding as well if the rain keeps up today.

While I'm waiting for the new scanner to get here before I write about all the cards from the show on Saturday. I thought I would close out this soggy post by showing two more recently acquired blank backs.


1974 Wonder Bread Paul Smith blank back



1990 Hoops Isiah Thomas
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Yes, little known fact is that most of the south gets much more rain than Seattle. We just get it in buckets here all at once rather than drips and drabs every single day!

    Stay safe and get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tony. Thankfully it finally stopped raining this morning.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with your health and hope the flooding subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adam. The water is finally receding, albeit very slowly.

      Delete
  3. I have health problems too. Earlier this year 45 minutes at a car show and I was practically unable to walk for nearly a week. It's not fun...but it does give me a lot of time to think/write about cards. Not happy to see flooding...that's never a good thing. Hopefully it doesn't invade your home. I've had multiple floods with water in the house, more than one of which has cost me cards. The blank back Thomas is a nice error. They are not common. I don't know about the Wonder Bread cards enough to know if they are supposed to be blank backed or not. Honestly, this is the first time I've ever seen the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billy, you win the worse health contest. It's very unfortunate about your cards loss. And like you said flooding is never a good thing, it's especially not fun trying to go to sleep at night knowing the water is rising and there is nothing you can do about it. Also, the Wonder Bread cards are supposed to have text on the back and before I got this card I had never seen the set either.

      Delete