Thursday, December 10, 2015

COMC Hoard part 2: The Commerce Comet

Here are two more doozies from my COMC order. I don't think I can say anything about Mickey Mantle that hasn't been said a thousand times, so I won't even try.

I will mention though that these two now give me three total original Mantle's. His 1969 Topps card being the only other one I had.


1961 Topps #578

The card has some haziness on the front and the corners aren't great, but there no creases.


1962 Topps #471

I consider this one to be in amazing condition. I know I said in the previous post that I wasn't going to mention prices for the COMC stuff do to lack of remembering, but this one I remember because I got it one night a couple of months ago right after someone had started a sale. The price on this beauty, $25. This was definitely one of those right place, right time moments.

With these two and the Goudey's in the previous post I have probably shown the best cards from the bunch first (with an exception or two), so it's only down hill from here.

I think too, that I will continue to use cell phone pictures for the one or two card posts and use the scanner on the larger groups which are coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment