Thursday, December 3, 2015

TTM Triumph #4: Bobby Gross

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes in the last post. It really was nice of you to send some positive vibes my way. Hopefully if it's ever necessary I can do the same for you.

On a completely different note the new scanner has arrived today, so hopefully the next post will be chock full of card show items. But in the meantime I have had number of successful autograph requests coming back over the last week, so I thought I would show perhaps my favorite so far.



I know a lot of people might not be too familiar with Bobby Gross, which is alright but to someone born in Portland he will always be remembered as a key component in the city's greatest sports achievement.

Bobby was the starting small forward on the 1976-77 championship team (there only one). A lot has been written about that team so I figure if anyone is interested in facts and stats, there is much better content pertaining to that season online than I can provide here.

Since the Trail Blazers are the only professional sports team in Oregon there has always been a special relationship between the state (the city in particular) and the team. And the players on the title winning team are more beloved than you could probably imagine.

So as always a big thank you goes out to Mr. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment