Thursday, December 17, 2015

Topps baseball parallels

Here's another batch of cards from the second to last card show I went to. I'm sure most of these have been shown a thousand times on all the various card blogs, so I will just show a small sampling. The only reason I wanted to show them was just for the sheer quantity that were to be had. I don't know if it is common for these to be found in the 10 cent boxes, but I hadn't come across this many in one place before now.

First up are the 2011 Topps Platinum Diamond Anniversary parallels:
There are 55 in that picture not counting the doubles. Below are a few of the notables.


I really like how the scans make it look like it's snowing. I hadn't seen this years Topps Bronson Arroyo card before....
but upon viewing it for the first time I instantly thought of someone else.
That is a blurry still (It was the only one without his jacket in the way) of Ron Smoorenburg from Jackie Chan's Who Am I. Good movie, great final fight scene. Anyway back to the cards.

2012 Topps Golden Moments parallels:
There are 73 in that picture not counting the doubles. Here are few of the "names".


With the 10 or so I already had, I now have about 1/6 of the set. Which means I will feel obligated to try and complete it, albeit very slowly.

The next couple groups are far less in number but I might as well show them anyway.

Here are few of the 2011 Topps Lineage Platinum Diamond Anniversary parallels:

I really like the Topps Lineage set, but I almost never see any of the singles at shows. I now have more of the parallels ( there were 6 more not scanned) than I do base cards. It is also surprising to me to see how much boxes of these still sell for as well. Hopefully someday I will find a box cheap.

Here are the only four I got of 2013 Topps Emerald Foil parallels:

And finally six 2014 Topps Update Series Red Hot Foil parallels:

I'm not planning on collecting either of the last two groups, but they were shiny and a dime apiece so I couldn't resist even if I wanted to. This post and the last one will conclude the parallels portion of the card show purchases.

Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page!

4 comments:

  1. I actually don't see these often in dime boxes. At that price, I think you made the right choice to grab all these. I think the 2011s are my favorite of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can find more for 10 cents each, since I don't think I would be inclined to buy them for much more then that.

      Delete