Thursday, January 14, 2016

COMC Hoard part 6: Blank backs

Hopefully no one is getting tired of these COMC related posts. But if you are, you can take solace in the fact that there are only 4 more after this one. And if by chance you are saying to yourself " great, another blank back post", then I don't know what to tell you because as long as this blog exists there will be blank back posts ( I currently have three more groups waiting in a folder).

Like with any other kind of cards, COMC can be alternately good and bad when it comes to blank backs. The good being that a lot of different blanks show up at decent prices, the bad on the other hand is the fact that there are a lot of really great one's on there at greatly inflated prices. But of course it's the same with anything sitting in an online store, in that sometimes the people seem to actually want to sell their items while others seem to be delusional (or stuck in the 90's) and are content on paying fees to have the items sit there and gather virtual dust.

I'm know these would look a whole lot better if they were side by side. But since I don't know how to do that and trying to read the "how to" via a google search was about as easy for me as it would be to try and read Aramaic. So you will just have to endure.

Up first are eight from 1970 Topps:
A Cleveland octet. These were my first blanks from this set.


Here we have one lone Pete Falcone 1978 Topps:


1985 Topps Tony Larussa:


1986 Topps Jim Covert:


1988 Topps Curt Warner:
I'm guessing there aren't too many things more exciting than a plain white back to see on a blog post.


And I will finish with 1992-93 Topps Kevin Gamble:
 Another plain white back. The one nice thing about this set is that I think it could actually be possible to build an entire set in blank back form, although it might take a few years (probably decades) but it would be pretty neat though.

Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like those old Indians blank backs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The funny thing is I didn't even notice they were all Indians until I was getting ready to scan them.

      Delete