Saturday, January 16, 2016

COMC Hoard part 7: Autographs

Usually in my twice a year COMC bundles I tend to have more autographs. But I guess it makes "sense" that there would be less to show, now that I actually have a few blog readers to show things to. Oh well, there are still some neat cards in here.

All start with football since there is only one to show.

2013 Panini Golden Age Historic Signatures Carl Eller:
I think over time I'm going to try and complete master sets of all three years worth of Golden Age. I seem to be slowly finding a lot of great deals on the autographs especially, with this one being no exception. A neat signature from a HOF'er.

Baseball's next with a whopping two.

2012 Topps Archives Fan Favorites Dick Groat #FFA-DG:
Very cool!

2013 Topps Archives Fan Favorites Bob Welch #FFA-BW:
Early last year I saw one of these on sale on the site and hesitated because the price still seemed a little high to me, but the price didn't seem to bother someone else as it was sold within an hour or so of me coming across it. I, of course then proceeded to question my cheapness as I always do in a situation like that (it's happened many times). So a few months later this one was added to the site for about five dollars cheaper and I'm happy to say this time there was no hesitation.

On to the non-sport portion. This first one isn't an autograph, but this is the only post it fits in to (theme wise).

2003 Inkworks The X-Files season 9 Pieceworks Skinner #PW5:

Even with all the flaws, I was a big fan of the X-Files. I always thought that Chris Carter was great at creating interesting shows, but had no idea which direction to go once said interesting shows got going. And even though I know it won't likely be very good, I'm still looking forward to the six episode revival that will be starting in a little over a week from now. I like the fact that this card actually says which episode the pants piece was supposedly used on.

Back to the autographs.

2015 Cryptozoic Arrow Season 1 Chin Han:
Certainly not the best signature in the world but Mr. Han was in The Dark Knight, which is why I had to have it.

2012 Unstoppable Night of the Living Dead-- John Russo and Kyra Schon:
In retrospect I have no idea why I didn't scan these two separately, but I guess they don't look too bad. Unstoppable is a UK based card company that I hadn't heard of until I came across these. This set seems to have had a fairly limited release. But I think because the audience for these is also somewhat limited, the prices haven't really gone up in the last couple of years.


I will finish with the basketball auto's, as they are the greatest in number.

1997-98 Skybox Premium Autographics Bobby Hurley:

2007-08 Upper Deck Chronology Jack Sikma and Thurl Bailey:
Both of these were under $2.00 each, and at that price there is no way I can pass them up.

2009-10 Classic Gold significant signatures Spencer Haywood #'d 7/50:
This too was under $2.
 
2012-13 Panini Preferred Signatures (red) Bob Dandridge #'d 35/74:


2013-14 Panini Intrigue Red, White, and Blue Autographs Terry Porter #'d 32/99:
Because of the shiny colors this one didn't scan very well.


2014-15 Panini Prestige Old School Signatures Wayne Embry #'d 87/149:
This card didn't scan well either, the background came out as a kind of sickly pink instead of the nice shiny dark red that it really is. I didn't even know Mr. Embry had any officially signed cards out there, so I was pretty excited to find this one.

Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Embry. The Haywood and Dandridge are also great additions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was too bad of a trio. Two hall of famers and one guy who might be someday for under ten dollars.

      Delete