Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Familiar names


Given how big the blogging community is (or was), it's not overly surprising to find that a few of us share the same name, after all, there are only so many names out there, or at least there were before everyone started pulling 'em out of their butt so that their kid's could be "unique" -- but I'm not talking about those, no, I'm talking about some of the more familiar names...


... like Matt! We've got more Matt's than a 24-hour Fitness...


... there's no shortage of Chris' either...


... how about Greg's? Yep, we got those too...


... got a couple of Jeff's in the fray...


... did I already mention the Chris'? Pretty sure I did, so how about Adam's? Got 'em!...


... There are Mark's and...


... Marc's...


... Nick's are represented...


... there's even more than one Trevor now...


... and there's at least a few Jim's...


... but to my knowledge, there's only one Billy! And thanks to the generosity of that one and only Billy, I, and a number of other people, were gifted some cards as part of his blog (Cardboard History) anniversary a couple of months back.

I was quite pleased with my selection, all guys that I collect, and a "Sick Hit" to boot. Well, technically it's not a "Sick Hit", in all actuality it was even better than most "Hitz"... at least to me! I'm pretty sure that no one has any idea what I'm going on about, so let me clarify by saying that the "Hit" was the 1990-91 Fleer Shawn Kemp, a card that I'm sort of hoarding, and am always grateful to receive more of. Not that anyone cares, but I just put this card away the other day, and took a moment to count the Kemp's.This was copy #114.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

10 comments:

  1. more Matt's than a 24-hour fitness...

    Clever! That's a new one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy is one of a kind, for sure. 114 copies of that Kemp card is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering that millions were made, I don't know if I'd say that owning 114 is impressive, but it's a start! I do have two unopened boxes of 1990-91 Fleer as well, so I've probably got a few more in those, but I'm waiting until I'm ready to write about the set before I open them.

      Delete
  3. You can never have too many Matts...

    That's a great Kemp card, I can see why it would be a fun chase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed :)

      It also helps that a lot were made, and that it has very little value these days.

      Delete
  4. That Kemp was always my favorite of his three rookie cards. Congratulations on acquiring #114.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enamoured with it since childhood, now if I just could've started hoarding them back then...

      Delete
  5. what will you do with so many Kemps? You should totally cover a wall with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the moment they're in a binder, and I don't know if I have any sort of ultimate goal, I just know that I still have plenty of room for more :)

      Delete